Twist of fate

Approaching the door to the diner Jackie was stopped midway. A young handsome man opened the door for her, Jackie looking up smiled and looked at the floor. With her breathy voice

 "Thank you". With a smile on her face she went to a booth all by herself and sat. Wanting to look back to see if he was by him self or with someone else she finally did and right when she turned her head as did his and at that moment they made eye contact. Turning her head back as fast as she could. Playing with her fingernails she dazed off and replayed the moment over and over. Finally being interrupted by the waitress " hi, what could I get for ya" . Looking up Jackie smiled and said "oh yes umm let's see I would like some eggs with bacon, oooh and some fries." "Anything to drink?" "Umm yes , may I get a strawberry lemonade please".

 "Coming right up" said the waitress as she went about to get Jackie her order.

Looking out the window she saw a couple with their kid in the middle, she smiled at the thought of her with her baby like that, but once realizing that she hasn't found the one yet she frowned. Almost with tears in her eyes she looked away from the window and jumped in shock to see the young man who opened the door for her sitting across from her at her booth. " Oh jeez !" Laughing "you scared me oh my" with her hand over her mouth. The man chuckling too.

 "I'm sorry I was just incredibly lonely over there by my self" "it's incredibly hard to be lonesome" he said looking up at Jackie, with those ocean blue eyes. Tucking her hair behind her ear she smiled and said" oh don't worry I know the feeling" with a wink she held out her hand to shake his.

 "I'm Jacqueline Bouvier". Kissing her hand the man introduced him self as well. 

"John Kennedy" he smiled really big. "But you can call me jack". Raising her eyebrows. 

"Well you can call me Jackie" with a small chuck she said.

After eating and talking for a while jack gave Jackie his number. "It was lovely meeting you" jackie started to blush.

 "Well, like wise jack". Looking at her wrist watch Jackie jumped. "I'm sorry but I'm afraid I have to go, oh it's getting awfully late."

" No please maybe just a little walk ? Maybe just around the corner?" Jack said with a small frown upon his face. 

"I'm awfully sorry jack" Jackie said. She got up and kissed him on the cheek "it was a very lovely night, thank you". As she walked out jack didn't take his eyes off of her. He watched her until she disappeared into the busy traffic of the night.

He realized he gave her his number, but she didn't give him hers.