Settling Feelings

"Oh" Rose said in admiration. "She's beautiful" 

"It's so good to see you" Joe Sr. said kissing Jackie on the cheek. She knew  it was his fault that Judith made so much drama last time. Though now that she had Caroline, she felt all past events should be forgotten. 

"It's a pleasure to come stay" Jackie replied. 

"Jackie, why don't you come inside with me while we let these gentlemen bring in the luggage"  Rose said lifting Caroline a tad bit higher. They walked in, Jackie expected the whole family to be there ready to greet her. To her surprise, the living room was empty. Rose noticed Jackies confusion.

"They'll be here tomorrow, it was just an awful to catch a flight today" she said. Jackie nodded her head and smiled.

"I should go change Caroline, she has been wearing that clothes the whole car ride" Jackie said taking Caroline to their room.

"I'll go ask these boys whats taking them so long"

As Jackie reached for Caroline's diaper she noticed  a picture of Jack as a College student. Those ocean blue eyes, with his reddish hair. She smiled. 

"Hey" Jack said setting down the suit cases. "That was Harvard" he said pointing to photo. 

"What happened?" Jackie said jokingly looking at Jack.  

"Scientist still wonder to this day how I got lucky with such a beautiful wife" he said mimicking a reporter. 

"What time will dinner be?" Jackie asked rubbing his arms 

"7:00" 

"Shall I wear that" she said pointing to a figure hugging, yet conservative dress.

"Please" he said looking at her up and down, licking his lips. She blushed, and hung the dress in the closet.

"I have to go clean her bottle, stay with her?" she asked Jack.

As she waited for the bottle to dry, she sat down and looked out the window. Joe and Joe. Sr were talking. Joe looked at the window and noticed Jackie looking at him. He gave that smile of his and looked down, as to hide his blush.  

"Where is Caroline?" Rose asked, making Jackie jump. 

"Oh.... She's with... She's with Jack" she said laughingly.

"Did i startle you?" Rose asked jokingly. She went to take a seat across Jackie and looked at her. All Rose did was look at Jackie, her eyes moving around glancing at Jackies eyes, nose, then lips. This was awkward for Jackie, all she could do was smile. 

"I could see why Jack loves you" she said

"How do you mean?" Jackie asked

"You are so beautiful Jacqueline, you are both intellectually and romantically compatible with Jack, I have never seen him fight so hard for a woman so much. You'll do him so much good" Rose said confidently. 

"I love him" Jackie said looking at her hands. Rose put her hand on Jackie's chin and raised it.

"Follow what your heart tells you" she winked at Jackie, she looked out at Joe and felt a rush. Rose got up and simply  left outside to join her husband in conversation. Joe was making his way inside and Jackie immediately went to grab the bottle, to make it look like she wasnt just staring at Joe. 

"Hey" he said

"Hey!" she said a tad bit excited.  Joe raised his eyebrows and smiled. 

"Where are the Kids?" he asked, talking about Jack and Caroline.

"In my room" she shook the bottle to get any extra water out "I came to clean her bottle"

"Sure" Joe said winking at her. 

"Joe, stop it" she said laughing mischievously. 

"Jackie" Jack shouted. 

"I'm coming!" she said grabbing the bottle and rushing.

"Jackie" Joe shouted

"Yes?" she stopped midway. 

"Look at the bottle" he said.

"Look.. at the.. bott-" she started to laugh and went back to the kitchen. 

"Can't feed her air" Joe laughed.  She quickly made the milk, thanked Joe and rushed to Caroline. 

"I'll unpack" Jackie said handing Jack the bottle. "You rest your back, maybe Caroline will fall asleep with you!" 

"We'll be in the other room so she wont wake up to the commotion of you unpacking" he said kissing her then leaving. Soon after Jack fell asleep with Caroline by his side, one arm protecting her from the edge. Zipping one suit case Jackie sat it down and rolled it under the bed. The next one was Jack's. She was refolding the clothes properly, and felt something hard. She moved all the onesies and shoes. Thinking it was probably one of Caroline's toys, she saw a little Black box. Opening it there was a 2.88 carat diamond and emerald ring.

"Oh, Jack" she whispered in awe.