Talking Strangers

"I'm sorry you've got the wrong number" and he hung up.

"Jackie" he shouted. 

"Yes?"  Jack saw her with that dress he liked so much on her, and Caroline in her arms. He thought that bringing it up could wait until they returned home from Hyannis Port.

"You ready?" 

"Yeah" she said adjusting how she was holding Caroline.

"All right, ill take these to the car and you adjust Caroline"

"Honey, why don't I sit in the back with Caroline, in case she starts crying. That way we wont have to stop the car every time she does"

"That's fine" he said kissing Caroline. 

"Joe will be coming with us, hes going to stay when we come back"

"Oh, Okay" she said

Jack never payed much attention to the cars when he looked into the rear view mirror, he always seemed to focus on Jackie. Wondering who the man on the phone was. Occasionally she would catch him looking at her and she would smile. 

Caroline continued to cry and Jackie as this point was exhausted. 

"Jackie, why dont I go to the back and take care of Caroline while you sit up here and rest?"

"That would be wonderful" she replied. Jack stopped the car and Joe and Jackie switched seats.

"Thank you" Jackie said leaning on her head on the window. 

It has been a while they have been in the car, Joe and Caroline were sound asleep. Jackie refused to sleep, just in case Caroline would start crying. Jack looked over to Jackie.

"Jackie, she'll be fine" Jack said 

"I know.. its just" 

"Relax"

The radio was soft and got Jacks attention when he heard Paul Anka's "Put your head on my shoulder" playing. He slightly turned it up and looked at Jackie, only to realize she was looking at him too.  She scooted closer to him and put her head on his shoulder. Jack gave out a slight chuckle. 

"I love you" she whispered to him. 

"I love you too" 

Joe moved and Jackie knew he was awake. She lift her head from Jack's shoulder and looked at Jack.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"Oh nothing, My neck was just starting to hurt" 

"We're almost there" he put his hand on her cheek and caressed it with his thumb. She smiled and put her hand on his hand. 

(I know Paul Ankas song did not come out until the late 50's ! I just thought it would add a little romantic mood into the setting)

(#teamJoe or #teamJack)