Relief

It's been a couple of months now, almost 4. Jackie was 5 months pregnant and already had her nursery ready. As she was organizing the stuffed bears on the rocking chair she sat down and looked down at her tummy.
       " I can't wait for you to come out" she crinkled her nose with a big smile.
A knock came upon the door and she got up. "That must be Lee". She was right there was lee standing with a gift bag. "Oh lee you shouldn't Have"Jackie said grabbing the bag. 

"Oh Jackie it's just a bear with cute little buttons" lee added.

  "So how are you doing so far?, with Jack and all of that" lee said sipping her tea. With a big sigh Jackie looked down and frowned. 

"It's going quite alright, Jack hasn't called or anything since I left and well me and Joe talk every chance we get when he's not working".  After Lee left Jackie, couldn't help but feel helpless for a moment. It wasn't ideal for her to raise a baby on its own but with the father. Gazing at the nursery nothing but silence fell upon her empty house. Although she felt complete with the baby she had this void.

"What the hell do you want from me now?" Jack yelled into the phone. "I just wanted to ask when we could see each other again?" The soft voice said.

"I told you it was just one night Julie!" He sighed and hung up the phone. Although Jackie never left his mind he felt leaving her be was best. Everyday the temptation to go and see her felt more and more difficult to resist. His work had stressed him and he had a ton of paper work to do. Her pregnancy never left his mind as well.  Of course he didn't know it was his , presumably joes since he said they had sex. His mind just wouldn't stop thinking. He picked up the phone and dialed her number.