Strangers in the Night

"...I think thats very important" Trenton said signaling to the waiter for another drink. Jack laughed and declined another drink.

"My wife doesn't like when I go home smelling like alcohol"

"Nonsense" Trenton said handing him the shot glass. Jack hesitated but gave in and cheered to him.

" Joe..." Jackie seductively said looking at Joe. Joe tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled.

"Are you sure?" he said. She bit her lip and began to take off her clothes. Joe knew this is what he has been wanting to badly, to touch her body in a way he has been craving for a very long time. He wanted to feel more than just her lips. Of course they have done nothing but kiss the previous time, and Joe had to declare that he had sex with Jackie only to make Jack angry.

"Where has Jackie gone?" Rose asked setting the table? Ethel looked up and smiled a tad bit, the thought of Jackie finally enjoying her self brought her joy.

"She went to see and old friend, they had called in and informed her that they would love to have dinner with her"

"And Joe?" Rose asked suspiciously

"Lord knows where he has gone"

"How is your wife?" he asked.

"Shes fine, thank you" Jack smiled. "How about yours?"

Trenton set his drink down and sighed. "She's well, pregnant, but well"

Jack took a bit surprise about how Trenton said it, though he would ask no questions, for none of Trenton's marital problems were his business. "Boy or Girl?" he asked.

"Both" Trenton said laughing.

Jack looked at him laughed. "Twins". They both knew what that meant, his wife would not be ready for sex anytime soon, and would now be more tired and less invested in him.

Jackie never wanted the feeling to end. She felt as if she knew what passion and love actually felt like. Joe never really looked beyond her beauty, but now he knew what she was to him. The love of his life. Even if it meant they would never be able to be together, he cherished this moment. The pain lost to pleasure and had her leaving her marks of lust on Joes back. She held him closer and looked at him. They kissed and soon both reached their climax.

Jack knew his limits to drinking, and kept Jackie in the back of his mind.

"I didn't go to her funeral" Jackie said staring at the ceiling. Joe sat up and looked confused.

"Who's?"

"Dr. Patton" she struggled to mumble.

"You never did tell me abo-"

"She died of an overdose" Jackie said blankly. "To think she would have known the appropriate dosage"

"Jackie you never kn-"

"I shut her out of my life, Joe" Jackie put her hand on her forehead and sighed. "She never knew about Caroline." "She's the reason for all of th"

The phone rang.

"Hello" Joe answered.

"Joe, its Ethel"

"Ethel" he looked at Jackie. "Has anyone raised suspicion about Jackie and I-"

"Joe" Ethel said lowly.

"Ethel, what's wrong"

"Jacks been in an accident"