Chapter Three

Mikey was sat on the bed he shared with Pete. Pete had gone to the strip club again. It was, once again, a daily routine. Pete went to the strip club, got drunk, came home, abused Mikey, and fucked him senseless. And yet, for some unknown, sick reason, Mikey loved it. He still didn't know why, but he never really wanted to know why anyway. Mikey was lost in his thoughts and his "love" for Pete.

There was a sudden slam of a door, snapping him from his thoughts as a picture fell. A picture of Mikey and Pete. In the beginning of the relationship, when everything was all fun and happy... until Pete's true colours came out... but Mikey saw past them. They were just caused by the drinking. That wasn't who Pete really was... in Mikey's eyes at least.

The bedroom door slammed open, causing another picture to fall to the floor. This one was a picture of Mikey and Pete kissing. It was taken as a joke, but it turned out well, so the couple had framed it. Mikey flinched at the pictures falling and the doors slamming. He opened his eyes and was met with an angry Pete. The older man was seemingly not even drunk. He grabbed Mikey by the hair and slammed him into the floor. This caused more than a few of Mikey's hairs to be ripped out from his head. His lip had been busted when his face hit the floor, and he bruised several ribs.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE? FUCKING LEAVE!" Pete shouted at him.
Mikey's eyes instantly welled up with tears, "B-But Pete, I-I-I love you."

Pete grabbed his hair, pulling him up from the carpet flooring, ripping out several more hairs, "I don't love you."

He threw Mikey against the wall. Mikey nodded, climbing to his feet.

"I understand." The younger man muttered, opening the door.

He started to walk towards the entrance of the house, this would be the last time he ever saw it. He opened the front door and there was another slam and another crash of a picture. He looked at the picture that had fallen. When he saw what it was his heart shattered. It was a picture of Mikey and his older brother, Gerard.

Mikey ran out of the house, not bothering to shut the door. He ran to the last address he could remember. It belonged to his best friend. He ran and ran until his legs were about to give out, now standing right in front of the house. He knocked on the door. Whoever opened the door had not been there the last time Mikey was.

"Excuse me, is Dani here?" Mikey asked.
The male standing behind the door nodded, "Yeah, give me a minute."

He shut the door and it opened once more within minutes. Mikey's tears were burning into his cheeks.

Dani stared up at him, "Mikey? Why are you here?" She pulled him inside, "What if he finds out?"
Mikey shook his head, "H-He m-made me l-leave."

Dani let out a low growl, "Mikes, I'm a cop and you know that I've reported all of his drunk incidents. Was he drunk?"

He shook his head.

"He was sober? What did he do?"
Mikey nodded, "Completely sober. He...he grabbed my hair and slammed me into the floor. My ribs are bruised, my lip is busted, my hair is missing in clumps. My shoulder hurts because he threw me at the wall. Two pictures of he and I were shattered from him slamming doors and a photo of..." Mikey thought about the picture of him and Gerard, "A photo of G-Gee and I."

Dani pulled Mikey into a hug, "He's going to jail Mikey."

Dani took Mikey to the police station she worked at with her best friend and another friend, who was a lawyer.

Dani sent Mikey to her best friend while she went to talk to her captain.

Mikey sat at her desk, "Hey there. You must be Mikey."

He nodded.

"I'm Skye. Dani told me the deal. I'm going to need pictures of all your marks that have been left on you. And I need descriptions of everything that he's ever done to you."

Mikey nodded and she took him into a backroom. She took pictures of all of his marks and he told her every story of everything that Pete had ever done. Six years worth of stories. Mikey had been with Pete for eight years. The first two years were perfect but, as soon as their two year anniversary passed, everything fell apart.

Pete started drinking, and he started abusing Mikey. Mikey thought the abuse was just a product of the stress and the alcohol. And he still did when he told Skye these stories.