Chapter Twenty-Six

Patrick wrapped her in a gentle hug and carried her into the kitchen, as Pete was still asleep in the lounge. Mikey decided to follow just in case.

"E-Everything w-was ok-ay..."
"What happened babygirl?" He mumbled, kissing the top of her head.

"H-He c-came back..." She struggled through her sobs.
Patrick held her closer. "Who honey?" He asked, having a good idea of what the answer was going to be.

"I-I never told you... M-Mikey knows.."
"J-" Mikey stopped, hating to torture her with the name, "Jenson?"

Patrick glanced over at Mikey, raising an eyebrow to ask whether this person was one of those he'd talked about earlier. Mikey nodded, as did Dani, hers faster than Mikey's.

Patrick rubbed her back "What did he do baby?"
"He raped me." She sobbed into his chest.

"How did he find you?" Mikey asked.
"I went out. After dropping the boys off with my mom. I was with Skye and Aidan. Neither left me, I just got a bit lost. I snapped back to reality when I heard my name whispered by the one person who was never gentle when it started."

Patrick rocked her slowly, "You need to report him honey."
"C-Can't... He said h-he'd hurt the boys... And when he says he's gonna do something, he does it..."

Patrick held back a growl.

"He won't get within ten feet." Came a voice from the doorway.

Mikey looked up. Pete was stood there half-asleep, having heard every word of the conversation.

"Anyone wants to get to those boys they'll have to go through me and Pat first, and we're hard to get past."
She smiled, "Th-Thank you Petey."

"You're included in that hun, you mean the world to Pat and like fuck am I letting you be taken away from him."
Mikey stood up, planting a kiss on her head, "You're gonna be okay."

Patrick smiled, kissing her nose "It'll be okay."
"I'm gonna be okay.." She grinned, wiping her tears. She sighed. "I should tell you...I should tell you..." She muttered.

"Honey, take your time. I don't want you to tell me anything you're not comfortable with."
"You need to know." She said.

"Only if you want to tell me." Patrick repeated.

Dani began to ramble about the same story Mikey had told Patrick just hours earlier. Patrick nodded along, taking in any extra detail she mentioned but knowing the vast majority.

"Jenson was the worst....he used me the most..."
"And he's found you again." He finished her sentence for her.

She nodded, "I just hope this time he didn't get me pregnant." She said hoping only she could hear.
"This time?" He asked hesitantly.

She looked up, "...Uhm..." She bit her lip, "HeCameBackThreeYearsAgoAndIDidn'tHaveTheHeartToTellYou."

"Is that why you kept getting tummy problems?"
She squirmed, "I wasn't pregnant... They said it was just my body reacting to it being that rough and unexpected."

"We need to get you checked baby, or at least get you some pills."
"There's no way to tell for a while..."

"You dont have to leave the house... Mikes can pass as a girl quite easily." Pete snorted.

Mikey stuck his tongue. Pete stuck his own tongue out and tapped it to tell Mikey to stop. Mikey stopped what he was doing, sitting down at the table.

Dani looked up at Patrick, "Daddy?"
"Yeah Princess?"

Pete stood behind Mikey and put his arms over the little's shoulders, kissing the top of his head.