Chapter Twenty-Eight

Patrick chuckled, "C'mon then."

He picked Lincoln up and took him out to the car. Dani follwed him with Luca.

Dani rummaged around in his demos, picking out her favourite and putting it on. Dani sang along happily to Dead On Arrival.

Patrick winced, hating the sounds of his teen voice.

"Put something more recent on Dani, please."

She began to play Alone Together.

"Yeah that's better." The boys and Dani danced along happily.

Patrick dropped Luca off and they continued on the way to the hospital, the car falling into an uncomfortable silence.

Lincoln yawned and Patrick smiled, whispering to Dani, "Put Favourite Record on."

Dani put on Favourite Record happily. Patrick smiled, he was particularly proud of this song.

"Do you do, do you remember when we drove, we drove, drove through the night?" Dani sang.

This was one of her favourites. Patrick sung along with her, smiling at Link through the rearview mirror. The boy was giggling like crazy in the background.

"Fun fact: Dad's really no help if you're driving." Dani giggled.
"Shh I can drive I'm just not good at telling people how to."

"I knowww."

Lincoln giggled. Dani smiled.

"Someday." She said softly.
"Someday." Patrick repeated.

They got to the hospital and he helped Lincoln get out. Dani was shaking slightly, fearful. Patrick took her hand in his free one and walked in with them. She glanced over, smiling at Lincoln.

"Hey, umh... my girlfriend got attacked earlier and her arm's beeping." Patrick awkwardly explained to the receptionist.
"Beeping?" She asked, confused.

"I'm pretty sure he put a tracking device in my arm while I was passed out. Is there any way you can remove it?" Dani explained more thoroughly.
"I'll check with Dr.Arnolds, she might be able to."

Patrick lifted Lincoln up and sat him on his hip. Dani smiled, gently stroking the boy's hair. Lincoln yawned and rested his head on Patrick's shoulder.

"You tired sweetie?"
"Mhm."

"Awh poor baby..." Dani said, "Try and nap so when you get to Pete and Mikey's you can have ice cream and fun." She kissed his cheek.

Lincoln smiled sleepily. Patrick sat down in the waiting room, glad he'd brought the blanket in with them. He shifted so Lincoln was on his lap and wrapped the blanket around the sleepy boy. Dani sat next to him, resting her head on Patrick's shoulder.

He smiled, stroking her hair, "I love you Babygirl."
"I love you too." Dani grinned.

"Ms.Collins?" A doctor called out.

She sighed, standing slowly. Patrick carefully lifted Lincoln and followed her. Dani followed the doctor back to a room.

"Now, we're going to x-ray your arm to determine the location and cause if the beeping then we'll discuss options in terms of removing it."

Dani nodded hesitantly.

"I need to ask you some questions first. So, have you had any major surgeries in the past twelve months?"
She bit her lip, "Well I had to have a bullet removed from my shoulder about eight months ago because of that 'Major League Baseball Player Holds People Hostage' situation..."