Chapter Five

The memories of before Pete and Mikey separated had spilled into his mind as he sat with his therapist.

Mikey nodded along to the song playing through the house. Sudden bangs and booms throughout the house caused the music to stop. Mikey stood shakily from the bed and...

Mikey was locked in a small dog cage that Pete had put him in. He had tears rolling down his cheeks and dripping onto his shoulders and his throat burned from the grip that had formerly been on it...

Mikey held his hands over his face while a very drunk Pete was beating him. "Stop hiding!" Pete shouted at him. He slowly uncovered his face but...

Mikey was struggling to focus on one incident.

His therapist, Irene Lorenz, had placed her hand on his shoulder, "Mikey, you're all over the place with the story, are these all one or different?"
He stared up at her and gave a soft smile, "All different."

She sighed, "Keep going. But be careful with your transitions."

Mikey leaned against the wall in the bathroom. Pete was drunk, as usual, and Mikey was scared. It was very unusual for him to be scared of Pete. He was afraid this time because Pete had a knife. Mikey's fingers trembled uncontrollably and he curled further into the corner of the bathtub as the door...

Mikey was face down on the couch, completely naked, vulnerable, and afraid. Pete's body was hovering above him, naked as well. Mikey knew what was going to happen. No preparation, and completely dry. Mikey had duct tape over his mouth, so obviously if he wanted to scream, it wasn't happening. Pete slammed his lower half into Mikey, causing the boy to...

Mikey smiled at the sight of Pete, sober and completely happy. They'd been together for two years as of today, and Mikey was the happiest he'd ever been. Pete sat on the couch and yawned. Mikey giggled, slowly moving to sit on his lap. Pete angrily shoved him off, throwing the younger man onto the floor, "Go away!"

That was the first time he could remember that Pete had ever done something to hurt Mikey intentionally.