Chapter Twelve

Dani shifted, causing herself to fall off the bed and she screamed when she hit the floor, causing Mikey to shoot up.

Pete woke up when Mikey sat up "What's wrong baby?"
"Dani screamed."

Pete quickly ran to the spare room, turning the light on and seeing Dani lay on the floor. She was crying.

He knelt down next to her, stroking her hair. "You're safe Dani, it's Pete, Mikey's here, you're safe."

She let out a shaky breath.

Mikey came down and sat with her, "Patrick will be here soon right?"
Pete nodded, "Can you call him baby, and explain the situation. My phone's on the nightstand."

He stayed knelt next to Dani "What happened honey?"

Mikey left to go get the phone.

"I-I kept moving in my sleep and I was o-on the edge. And I m-moved and I fell..." She managed through her tears.
Pete nodded, Mikey used to move a lot because of his bruises. "That's okay honey, take deep breaths, try and calm down."

She nodded, starting to take deep breaths. Mikey called Patrick and told him what happened.

Mikey came back to Pete and Dani, "Patrick said he'll be here soon."
"What time is it Mikes?"

"It's 9:37." He replied.
"Do you two want breakfast? I think I saw some lucky charms earlier."

Mikey nodded, as did Dani. Pete helped Dani stand up and went downstairs, getting two Mr.Men bowls out and tracking down the cereal. Dani leaned against the counter. Mikey waited for the cereal. Pete poured two bowls out, handing Mikey his, dry as always.

He turned to Dani, "Do you have milk sweetie?"
She nodded, "Yes please."

He got the milk out of the fridge and added it to the bowl, setting it on the table and tutting at Mikey.

"Sit at the table to eat Mikey."

Mikey and Dani both sat down at the table to eat. Patrick entered the house without knocking, going straight to the kitchen.

"Hey Pat."
He smiled, "Hi."

"How are you feeling now?"
"Better." He walked over to Dani.

Pete walked over to them after grabbing himself a cup of water, sitting next to Mikey.

Patrick wrapped his arms around Dani's shoulders from behind her, "I told you she was falling."
"Yeah... said she was moving around a lot, like she couldn't get comfortable." Pete said, still uneasy about the nature of Patrick and Dani's relationship.

"She does it a lot...I try to hold her but she says it hurts."
"Makes sense." Pete said bluntly, bruises all over Dani's arms and stomach revealed by her slightly too short pyjama top. "Might wanna get a new set of jammies."

Pete wrapped an arm around Mikey, wiping a little bit of chewed cereal from the corner of his mouth.

"Nope. We bought them like that." Dani replied.
"I forgot how much you liked girls in short clothes Pat."

Dani looked up at Patrick, "What?"
"It's nothing sweetheart." Patrick replied.

"Does he like it when you wear short shorts and sports bras Dani?" Pete said, slowly losing the small amount of sanity he'd built up in the past 24 hours.
She nodded, "He loves it."

"Does he like reminding you how slutty you look in them? Even if you feel sexy?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and nodded.