Chapter Twenty

"Want Daddy to carry you baby?" Pete asked.
"Carry meee!" Mikey giggled.

Pete laughed, lifting Mikey over his shoulder and gently jogging into the bathroom; he sat Mikey on the toilet lid.

"Wheee!!"
"Bubbles or no bubbles?" Pete asked running the hot tap.

"BUBBLES!" Mikey grinned.
"Bubbles it is then."

Mikey giggled. Pete added the bubble mix to the water, watching the bath fill with a layer of soapy pockets of air. Mikey swayed side-to-side.

Pete looked over mildly concerned, "You okay babyboy?"
"I'm all happy!"

Pete smiled, turning the tap off and lifting Mikey, putting him into the warm water carefully. Mikey sighed happily. Pete smiled grabbing the shampoo. Mikey closed his eyes. He rubbed a small amount into Mikey's hair, lathering it up.

"Mhh." Mikey smiled.
"I missed this." Pete confessed.

Mikey smiled wider, "It's nice."
Pete nodded, "I love spending time with you."

"I always loved it. No matter what was happening, as long as I was with you."
"I never hurt you in the bath." Pete observed.

"No you were always gentle."
He nodded, "So that's one thing we can do without any bad memories."

Mikey nodded as well, "When we cooked, you always stood behind me to make sure I didn't get hurt. Even when you were mad at me."
"There's another thing." Pete nodded again.

Mikey sighed.

"We need to find more of these things."
"You were gentle when you wanted to be..." Mikey kept his head down.

"I always wanted to be gentle, but the monster didn't. We need to find more things we used to do where I was always calm and gentle with you."
"When we'd watch movies." The little smiled.

"So bathtime, cooking, movies. What about shopping?"
"We only went shopping when the monster wanted me in new slutty clothes."

Pete nodded, "Good point."
"Music bonded us...and we'd dance."

He nodded again, "You loved it when I sang to you, even though my voice is terrible."
"Is not!" Mikey snapped his head up, water flying everywhere.

Pete sighed, grabbing a towel to dry his face.

"Sorry..." Mikey muttered.

Pete shook his head, taking deep breaths as his conscious became fuzzy.

"Daddy? Are you alright?"

Pete got up and ran out of the room, sitting on the bed in the spare room in only a pair of boxers he'd hurriedly slipped on before running the bath for Mikey.

"PATRICK!" He yelled, met with a grunt, "PLEASE."

Patrick ran up the stairs into the spare bedroom, seeing Pete tugging at his hair and rocking. Mikey was concerned, but scared; he stayed in the bath. Pete got up and growled, shoving Patrick out of the way. He charged into the master bedroom.

"Where is that fucking slut?"
Mikey flinched, "B-Bathroom."

Patrick mentally facepalmed at Mikey. He followed Pete into the bedroom, sliding in between his friend and the bathroom door.

Pete growled, "Move."
"No."

Mikey brought his knees to his chest, crying silently.

"Mikey, I need you to get out of the bath and shut the door. Make sure you lock it behind you." Patrick said calmly, "As soon as he sees you he'll try to pounce so I need you to move fast. No matter what happens, don't come out until me or someone you trust who isn't Pete tells you to come out."

Mikey stood, shutting the door, locking it and sitting against it. Pete jumped at the door, knocking Patrick into it. The shorter man recovered quickly.

"Good boy." He called out to Mikey.

Mikey smiled at the praise. Patrick kept talking to Mikey, trying to keep the little as calm as possible. He tackled Pete to the floor, wrestling with him. Pete put his hands around Patrick's throat, digging his thumbs into his neck until he gagged and punched Pete in the face. Mikey sobbed loudly at the fight he could hear.

"Mikey, I need you to stay calm." Patrick managed to choke out through the pressure on his throat.

Mikey shut his eyes tight, trying to drown out the sound. Patrick punched Pete again as his friend tightened the grip on his throat. This time, he managed to get away, breathing heavy and snarling at Pete. Mikey had his hands over his ears and tangled in his hair. Patrick tackled Pete again, this time sitting on his best friends back and shoving his face into the carpet. He reached for the discarded handcuffs laying next to the bed, latching them around Pete's wrists.

"Calm down Pete." Patrick panted, "I know you're in there. C'mon fight the monster."
"M-Monster..." Mikey muttered quietly.

Pete growled again, trying to get out from underneath Patrick but failing.

"S-Save m-me..."

Patrick heard a faint mumbling.

"Mikey, you okay sweetie?"
"Scared!"

"You're alright honey. He's calming down now. You can come out if you want, but you're gonna have to get dressed downstairs."

Mikey was too scared to move.

"Look what you've done to him." Patrick hissed under his breath, "Look what you've done to him again."

Mikey cried, hearing what Patrick said and how he said it.

"You've fucking broken him." Patrick spat, specks of saliva hitting Pete in the eye.

The older man whimpered.

"Stop it!!" Mikey screamed.

Patrick's head fell; he climbed off Pete's back.

"Sorry..." He whispered, something inside him breaking.

Mikey was still too horrified to move.

"Never let two alphas alone together." Patrick mumbled.