.4.

'BEEP!'
'BEEP!'
Oh, shut up!
'BEE-'
I quickly turn off the alarm as my heart races loudly in my chest.
Stupid alarm scared the crap out of me!
I sit up as I check the time to see that it is already 7:00am.
With a groan I get to my feet before walking into the bathroom to wash up and change.
I quickly change into a pair of blue jeans, combat boots, a leather jacket and a Spiderman tank top. I then brush my long brown hair leaving it down in soft curls.
Having finished getting ready for school, I walk across the hall and knock on the door to James's room.
"James, you awake?"
I ask as I push open the door to see my little brother already dressed in a pair of jeans, a transformer tshirt and a jacket. However, his light brown hair is sticking up in all directions like a porcupine.
"You're up early."
I state as I grab the brush off of his dresser before I begin combing his hair.
"I was just...kinda excited to go to school,"
James says with a smile as he looks up to meet my gaze.
"But I also feel like I might throw up."
He states as he places a hand to his stomach as if in hopes of calming himself down.
"It'll pass."
I reassure as I grab his backpack from off his desk before making our way to the kitchen where I had left my black leather bag.
"You ready?"
I ask glancing at James to see him nod in agreement and the two of us make our way towards the door.
"Oh! Do you have your phone on you?"
I ask and he nods as he pulls out a small phone from his pocket.
"Good, make sure that it's on vibrate during class. We don't want it to go off and interrupt the other students, but I also want it on in case there is an emergency."
I state causing James to nod understanding.
"Okay."
The two of us walk outside and I quickly lock the house door before making my way towards the small shelf behind the house.
I open the door to reveal my motorcycle.
I love my motorcycle.
James and I both grab our helmets before hopping onto the bike with James sitting in front of me.
"Ready?"
I ask as I double check to make sure that his helmet is secured.
"Yeah."
James nods and I smile as I drive down the road towards the school.

I pull into the parking lot at the elementary school and park the motorcycle.
"Okay, let's head to the office."
I state as I grab James's hand and the two of us make our way towards the office as we pass by groups of kids and  their parents.
We walk up to the small blue painted building before making our way inside.
Office...
Where is the office?
My eyes scan each door until they land on the words 'Crescent Office' in bold black letters.
Haha! There is is!
James and I walk inside just as a friendly voice speaks up.
"Hello! How my I help you?"
A woman asks politely when she sees James and I walk in.
She has dirty blond hair with highlights, dark eyes and fair skin. She wears a black blouse and a matching skirt.
"Hi, my name is Raya Silver and I was wondering if the enrollment papers got sent to you?"
I ask hopefully.
"Oh, yes! Everything is good to go."
She reassures with a smile and I nod.
"Thank you, have a good day!"
"You too!"
She calls after us and I walk up and into the second grade classroom to see a bunch of kids about James's age.
I'm sure he'll have fun.
I smile at the teacher as she walks up to James and I. She has short, curly black hair, dark blue eyes and fair skin. She wears a blue blouse and a black skirt with matching heels.
"Hi, I'm Miss Winter."
Miss Winter says as she holds out her hand and I quickly take it in a polite handshake.
"Hi, I'm Raya and this is my little brother James Silver."
"Oh,  what a lovely name!"
Miss Winter compliments as she smiles.
"Your name is too."
I state causing a smile to pull at her lips.
"Thank you."
I turn to James before pulling him into a bear hug and kissing the top of his head.
"I'll come pick you up after school okay? You wait here."
I state causing him to nod in understanding.
"Alright, I love you."
"I love you too."
I murmur waving goodbye as a walk towards the door.
He'll be okay...
He'll be fine...
I hop onto my motorcycle and drive up to the high school and park near the light blue building.
I quickly climb off my motorcycle as I take off my helmet before putting it away.
My light gray eyes take note of the other students looking at me in surprise.
What? Have they never seen a motorcycle before?
"Hey, Raya!"
A familiar voice calls and I look up to see Jo running towards me wearing a batman tshirt and jeans with her hair pulled back in a braid.
"Spider-Man?"
She asks glancing down at my shirt.
"Batman?"
I ask raising an eyebrow.
"Well duh, batman is awesome!"
"Uh huh...except Spider-Man is way better."
I state truthfully as I cross my arms over my chest.
"Pfft! Yeah right."
Jo says sarcastically with a bit of an eyeroll.
"I am right."
I admit with a small smirk.
"You wish."
Jo and I laugh as we walk into the Cresent Office.
"Hey, Sarah! This is Raya the new student that I mentioned."
Jo says introducing me to the secretary, she's tall with platinum blonde hair and light green eyes.
"Oh, well it's nice to meet you, Raya. Here is your schedule and I hope you like it here at Crescent High."
Sarah says with a kind smile and I nod in appreciation.
"Thank you, Sarah."
Jo and I walk out the door just as she snatches my schedule out of my hand.
"Hey!"
  I exclaim in surprise as her blue eyes scan over the paper.
"You could've just asked!"
I mutter rolling my eyes to hide an amused smile.
"That would've taken too long."
  Jo says with a smirk before frowning down at the paper.
"What?"
I ask raising an eyebrow in confusion.
What is it?
"Good news? You and I have the same classes other than math and English."
  "And the bad?"
"Most of your classes are with Justin and the bad boys of the school."
Jo answers before handing the schedule back to me.
Pfft! Is she serious?
"Bad boys? Please, all the boys now days are pansies."
I mutter rolling my eyes.
If they're gonna act all tough, it's usually because they're not.
Jo let's out a small laugh before placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Okay, well these boys are actually a bit of a problem at this school. So, be careful who you say that to."
Jo says glancing up to meet my gaze before freezing.
What?
Why's she staring?
"Whoa! Cool, your eyes are a really pretty gray...kinda silver looking."
Jo says causing me to glance up at the blinding white lights of the hallway.
"Yeah, it's just the lighting."
I remark as we look for our lockers.
I smile when I finally see my locker number.
Yay! It's a top locker!
"Your locker is only seven down from mine."
Jo says as I open my locker to see all the books I'll need.
Sweet.
"Hey, do you want to go grab some breakfast before class?"
Jo asks and I shrug.
"Sure, let's go."
Jo and I walk down the hallway to the other end of the corridor before walking into a room.
The room is large with white painted walls, tiled floor and three large tables. One table is to hold the food and drinks while the other two are for the students to sit at and eat.
Jo walks up and signs her name on a sheet of paper before grabbing a blueberry muffin and a milk as I do the same.
"Why is it so empty?"
  I ask gesturing to the room with my free hand.
"Everyone's outside hanging out. No one wants to sit inside a stuffy room when they could be outside in the fresh air."
"Oh...so, is there anything else I should be worried about?"
I ask as I eat my muffin.
"Um, just the bad boy group and a few people here and there."
Jo answers just as the sound of footsteps fills our ears.
The two of us glance up to see a man walk up. He looks to be in his late thirties, tall with light blonde hair perfectly combed and dark eyes. He wears cream colored slacks, polished shoes and a black button up shirt.
"Joanna Jean?"
The man says looking at Jo.
Joanna?
"Yes Sir?"
  Jo asks politely.
"Are you Raya Silver?"
  The man asks and I nod confused as he holds out his hand.
"I'm Mr. Chance the principal, nice to meet you."
He says as he holds out his hand.
"Nice to meet you as well."
I state nodding my head in respect.
"Jean? There will be a new girl at school tomorrow and I was wondering is you could show her around?"
Mr. Chance asks and Jo nods in agreement.
"Sure thing."
"Thank you, and you two ladies have a good day."
Mr. Chance says walking out.
"You too!"
I turn to Jo before raising my eyebrow.
"What?"
"Joanna?"
  I ask unable to help the smile that pulls at my lips.
Jo's eyes widen in surprise before she decides to explain.
"Yeah, my name is Joanna Jean, but I like to go by Jo."
"Neat."
I nod in understanding as we continue to eat our breakfast.
"I wonder who the new girl will be?" Jo asks and I shrug in response.
"I haven't got a clue."
"Oh! Are you still going to talk to my momma after school today?"
Jo asks and I nod as we finish our breakfast.
"Yeah, I mean if you don't mind working with me?"
"Sweet! I can't wait! My friend is going to work with me!"
  Jo yells in excitement and I smile raising an eyebrow.
"Friend?" I ask and she nods in agreement.
"Yeah, if you wanna be my friend."
"Yeah, I'd like that very much, Jo."
  I answer just as the bell rings for class.