Home.

I look out the window and watch at the trees blur by. My mind wonders back to the events that just happened only hours before.
I told my dad goodbye, but promised to go back and see him along with my other friends in the gang. He smiled and hugged me tight before wishing me good luck. Dad also told Luke that he would stay in touch and call if he needed Luke to go out on field missions, Luke was very happy to hear that and promised not to slack off. He also promised dad that he would look after me, apparently 'Loverboy' can't do it.
We dropped off Monroe and Asher who ended up having to explain to their friends the whole situation, more or less anyway. Monroe is doing much better which isn't surprising due to her strong stubbornness and her exceptional doctor she's healing fast. Monroe made me promise to come visit soon which I happily agreed to. James was glad to see me and was excited to hear he would still be attending school with the new friends he had made. Avery was a little sad to leave, she absolute adored Joey and Callie. Not to mention she had fun with the other two kids even though they were several years younger. Callie informed me that they had given Joey quite a hard time with all their mischievous pranks. I apologized to Joey, but he seemed fine with it and made a comment that it was just practice for when he has kids.
Jo, Nathan, Jaecee and Tyson all went home to....explain why they were late getting home and didn't answer their phones. The plan was we all got lost and the car broke down in the middle of nowhere with no signal. I'm curious to see if that little lie will actually work. I'm hoping it will anyway.
I turn my head to the left to see Justin watching the road, to focused on driving to notice me staring. He looks rather calm and relaxed all things considered. The soft snores of Luke and James in the back seat fills my ears.
"Staring is rude, you know."
Justin says a grin on his face as he glances over at me. I blush turning my head away as a smile tugs at my lips.
"You'll just have to get used to it then."
I state causing him to laugh.
"Aye aye, captain Silver Eyes."
I look over at him in surprise.
That's the first time he ever called me 'Silver Eyes'.
Seeming to notice my silent shock, he looks over to meet my gaze.
"Did I say something wrong?"
He asks turning his attention back to the road as he passes a car.
"No, not at all."
I answer before bowing my head as guilt floods through me.
Silver Eyes.
A name that only brought them trouble.
"Look....I'm really sorry for not telling you about everything. I-it wasn't my intention to have you and the others mixed up in my mess."
I murmur apologetically, but he shakes his head.
"It's not your fault, Raya. I do wish you had told me sooner, but I understand why you didn't."
He answers and I frown.
How can they not blame me? It's all my fault. I still don't understand how they could possibly forgive me so easily.
"But it is my fault, if you hadn't ever met me-"
Suddenly Justin pulls the car off to the side of the road before putting the vehicle in park.
"Justin, what are you-?"
I trail off as I look at him to see him turn his body to face me head on. His eyes are dark as he places his hand on my cheek before pulling me forwards.
My breath gets caught in my throat as I look up at him with wide eyes.
He stops when I'm only inches away, our breaths mixing together in the air between us.
"Don't ever think like that, Raya. I am glad to have met you and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world."
He states looking into my silver eyes as my cheeks begin to warm.
He then leans forward and presses his lips against mine in a soft and gentle kiss. I let my eyes fall closed as I shift closer and he does the same while placing his hand on my lower back.
"Ew!"
A familiar voice shouts in disgust and I pull away to see Luke looking at us in both amusement and annoyance.
"Gross! I don't need to see that! I didn't need to see that! Why is it always me?! Can't you guys get a room or something?"
Luke complains causing me to laugh.
"Has anyone ever told you that you have horrible timing?"
Justin asks in annoyance and Luke smirks leaning back as he rests his feet on the arm rests between Justin and I.
"That would be why I don't play the drums, Loverboy."
He says crossing his arms over his chest as Justin scowls.
"Would you stop with the name calling? It's getting kinda old."
"Not a chance, Loverboy."
Luke says purposefully saying it again just to irritate Justin. And it works. Justin's eyes narrow in annoyance before turning to me.
"Why on earth are you friends with this idiot?"
Justin asks causing Luke's jaw to drop and my eyes to widen.
"Watch it, he's one of my best friends."
I warn and Luke nods in agreement.
"That's right! Now, since you two aren't making out-thank goodness, can we get going? I'm tired of being in this car with you two continuously trying to kiss every time I turn around."
Luke states with a bit of annoyance and I laugh. Justin grumbles under his breath in annoyance as he turns back around before driving home.
Home.
I smile at the thought.
I finally have a place to call home and great friends to share it with.
Now that I've made my choice to follow my own path, I can start my new life.
The life I choose.