Monroe Memory Part 1

I smile stepping out into the fresh air.
"Man I love it when it rains!" I comment as it starts to sprinkle.
"Yes, being wet and cold is just wonderful." Justin mutters sarcastically zipping up his coat.
"Awe, don't be that way." I pout.
I step back and spinning in the rain earning a chuckle.
"Come here." Justin murmurs pulling me towards him.
"You're gonna catch a cold." He states looking down at me and I roll my eyes.
"Nah." I shake my head and notice  Luke and James talking in the car while Tyson and Nathan are loading or bags into the back seats.
"Need help?" I ask and they shake their heads.
"No, we got it."
Luke looks up hearing my voice and waves.
"How'd ya sleep?"
"Good, you?"
"Car was comfortable, what about you Lo-Justin."
"Horrible." Justin grumbles looking at me accusingly.
"Hey I didn't do it!" I raise my hands in surrender.
"Mmhmmm..."
"Why is nobody asking how I slept?" Jo asks crossing her arms and Nathan sneaks up behind her.
"It was horrible." He says in her ear causing her to jump.
"Gaaah! ...why would you say that?" Jo asks confused.
"You couldn't sleep without thinking of me."
"You wish." Jo says pushing him away.
"Why are boys so annoying?" Jaecee asks sending a glare at Tyson who has an arm around her shoulders.
"It's just proof you love me." Tyson smirks.
"Yeah, sure."
I smile trying not to laugh and look over at Justin.
"So how'd you get my number anyway?"
"I KNEW YOU WEREN'T ASLEEP!" He exclaims.
"...my phone was on silent..."
Justin picks me up and spins me around causing Saiylor and the others to laugh.
"Justin!"
Suddenly everything stops and my feet are on the ground.
"Whoa."
"Careful there." He whispers in my ear and I roll my eyes as everyone splits up into their separate vehicles.
Jaecee, Tyson, Avery, James and Saiylor in one while Jo, Nathan, Justin, Luke and I are in the other.
I look out the window as Jo starts driving as Closer starts playing through the speakers.
I start to get sleepy feeling my eyes droop and fall asleep with my head on Justin's shoulder.

"Raya!"
I look over at Monroe her curly blonde hair a bit frizzy from the humidity. She's wearing skinny jeans, a brown belt, awesome red converse and a white and gray shirt.
"What?" I ask glancing over to see her with a sad expression and her blue eyes looking down at the ground.
"M-my dad has been talking about moving sometime this month."
"What?!" I ask with wide eyes.
"I told him I didn't want to leave. You and Luke are my best friends!....even though he can be an *ssh*t sometimes."
I smile shaking my head.
"Yeah, he is sometimes." I chuckle.
"Raya I'm serious." Monroe states and I raise my hands in surrender.
"I know I know, But he's mentioned it several times before and never went through with it." I reason.
"Maybe...but what if he's serious this time. I'm gonna have to move again! It's never gonna end is it?"  Monroe asks and I frown trying to think of something to say that'll help.
"We always figure it out. Stop worrying." I warn and she smiles eating the last of her fried green tomatoes while I finish off my bacon cheese fries.
"Ready?" I ask pulling on my black hoody.
"Yeah, let's go."
'BEEP BEEP'
I glance down at my phone to see a text from Luke.
"Where are you?"
I quickly type back.
"On the way to Monroe's, what's wrong?"
I put my phone in my pocket and follow Monroe out the door and out into the chilly air.
"Who was that?" Monroe asks.
"Luke."
"What's he up to?"
"Looking for me." I smile shaking my head.
"Wasn't he supposed to be hanging out with his guy friends tonight?" Monroe asks raising an eyebrow and I frown.
He's supposed to be at a meeting with my dad and the gang. I was supposed to be there too, but...no one should notice I'm gone-other then Luke of course.
"Uh y-yeah!" I answer unconvincingly.
Maybe dad sent him to look for me? Or he got bored? Or he needs help? Or-.
"Raya?"
I glance up at Monroe as we walk down the abandoned alley towards her house.
"Yeah?"
"You're being quiet."
I smile looking at the graffiti on the walls.
"I think this is cool." I state changing the subject as I point to a painting that says.
'Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them a second bullet.'
They painted a gun pointing at someone else's painting of a bleeding heart.
"Its awesome." Monroe agrees.
"They put a lot of thought into their work."
We continue walking when I hear following footsteps. Without turning around I place my hand on a knife in my pocket when suddenly a buff guy steps around the corner in front of us.
I stop and glance back to see two guys blocking the exit.
Well crap.
"You're in our way." I state annoyed and the buff dude smirks.
"I believe it's the other way around."
They have no idea who they're messing with.
Monroe might not be apart of a gang or anything, but she can defend herself when she's mad.
Me? I've handled plenty of guys like this before, However I doubt these guys are unarmed and that gives Monroe and I a large-very large disadvantage.
"Well you're wrong and need to back off before my friend and I personally-" Monroe gets cut off as a figure in black jumps down and tackles the buff dude to the ground taking away his gun.
He turns towards me and I realize it's Luke in his disguise as The Red Lion.
"Could you try not to anger the guys with guns, Blondie?"
"Who are you?" She asks stepping back in surprise.
I turn as the other two guys start running towards us.
"Not now Monroe." I warn pulling out the throwing knife from my pocket.
I throw aiming for his shoulder and he falls to his knees the other guy tackles my to the ground knocking the wind out of me.
"Oomph!"
My eyes widen as he holds a knife to my throat, but before anything else happens he's off me laying on the ground holding a bleeding nose.
I look up to see Monroe holding her hand.
Ha! Told ya!
"Nice." I complement, but frown seeing the guy I stabbed behind her with the knife.
I swing my foot causing her to fall down beside me away from the knife.
BANG!
Monroe and I jump at the sound and blood starts pouring from the guys torso.
BANG!
Blood starts pouring from the guy Monroe punched back.
BANG!
The buff guy Luke tackled has blood pouring from his chest.
I look up to see Luke The Red Lion holding a gun as he glares at me.