(Simmons x Red!Reader)

Simmons always felt like the luckiest guy in the world. No matter how lazy Grif would be, how girly Donut acted, how much Sarge ignored him, he was so, very lucky. Not because he was smart. No, he was lucky because he had you as his girlfriend.

Your smooth, (s/c) skin possessed no flaws whatsoever. Silky, soft, (h/c) hair framed your face perfectly. Beautiful, (e/c) orbs that shone with a fire of life that couldn't be extinguished by anyone. Everything about you was perfect to him. And that's just the exterior!

You were too cute and innocent for your own good. Every time Tucker would say something perverted, someone would have to explain it to you. It would usually leave you with a bright, red blush. Although, sometimes Simmons wished he was the only one who could make you look like that.

You were the most lovable person in the entire universe. Even though it was an obvious fact, you denied it. Simmons felt blessed to have you in his life. But sometimes his feelings for you left him feeling unsure about himself.

The maroon soldier felt like he wasn't supposed to have an angel-like figure like you in his life, much less being his girlfriend. It was at times like this that Simmons had to release his feelings to someone other than you.

"I just feel like she's too perfect for me. All the other guys would be lucky to have her, but she chose me. I... I'm just... *sigh* (y/n) deserves better than me. She should be with someone who can keep her safe, like Wash. I just don't think I'm good enough for her," Simmons vented to the male next to him.

It was silent for a few seconds. Then, the complete silence was shattered by a high, male voice, "Well, you have a lot of emotions bottled up. But I will solve your problem, or my name isn't Franklin Delano Donut!"

Simmons felt stupid for going to Donut instantly, but who else was there to understand his feelings? If anything, Donut was basically the closest thing to a therapist in the entire canyon. "So, I've come down to two options. Option number one: you could break up with her and let her hate you for all eternity," Donut began.

"No way! I could never do that to her! What's the next option? It's gotta be better than that," Simmons prayed. Donut finished, "Or you could talk to her about this." "Those are both horrible ideas!" Simmons screamed.

"Simmons, if this keeps going on, one of the two will happen sooner or later," Donut warned the brunette. Simmons sighed. He knew very well what he had to do. "Oh, yeah! Can you get Grif? We need to talk about some healthy diets for him," Donut asked cheerfully.
Like that's gonna work.

Simmons continued down the hall to your shared room. "Hey, (y/n)," Simmons called out a greeting. "Hey! Do you think I look better in purple or orange?" You asked him randomly. He answered immediately, "You look good in any color, but you'd look like either Doc or Grif. Why?" "No specific reason. I just wanted your honest opinion," you replied.

"Okay," he chuckled. Sometimes you could be a bit... Odd. 'Random' would probably fit better. "Although, I think you look the best in (f/c)," Simmons added. You lightly smacked his arm, "You're just saying that because it's my favorite color." But it was true that you looked gorgeous in it.

"Simmons, do you still love me?" You asked in a sadder tone. He replied instantly, "Of course! Why wouldn't I?!" "I don't know. You seem a bit down, so I assumed that I did something." "(Y/n), it's not you. It's me. I'm unsure about myself." "You shouldn't be. I love you, and you love me." "I know, but-" "Simmons. I love you, and nothing's going to change that."

Both of you were silent for a minute. He broke the silence, "Is it bad to feel like I don't deserve you?" "No, but you do. If anything, I don't deserve you," You stated. "So, the feeling's mutual?" "I guess so."

-----------------------------------------------------

I've outdone myself again! Sorry that this took a while. I've just been really lazy lately. Call me female Grif if you want. I don't care.

So, my next one-shot isn't going to be character x reader, it's gonna be character x character. Just a heads up.

Leave requests in the comments, please.

Bye! =^.^=

- J_fox11

------------------------------------------------------