(North x Reader)

(A/N: This is a Modern AU)

It had been going on for a few weeks now. You'd be crammed with work and had to stay up late so you could get it done. North, being the supportive boyfriend he was, always made sure that you had what you needed before he went to bed. But, now, he was getting a little frustrated. Everyday, you'd have dark circles under your eyes from your lack of sleep. It wasn't a surprise that you fell asleep while eating breakfast.

North was at the end of his rope. He was about ready to call your boss and quit for you. He was stopped by you giving him that tired smile and a weak "I'm fine." You were a hard worker, and North admired that. Even so, it made you stubborn and independent. The only other person you depended on was North. Yet, you didn't want to be a burden on him.

The day flew by, and it was already 10:00 pm. North finished up getting ready for bed. He walked past you, doing your work that probably wasn't due till next week. North looked at you and sighed. He finally decided to lay some ground rules for your sake.

"(Y/n)," North called to you. You replied without looking away from your work, "Yeah?" He bit back the flash of anger that you were paying more attention to work then him. "I want you in bed by 11, at the latest," he explained. You finally looked up and joked, "Oh god. I'm dating my mother." He remained his composure, showing you that he was serious.

"Okay, fine. 11 at the latest. Got it," you went over what he said while rubbing the back of your left leg with your right foot. North knew this action well. You were lying to him. He sighed and went to bed. You continued your work, feeling guilty that you lied to your boyfriend.

11:00 came sooner than expected, and you were still working. A familiar voice scolded you, "I thought we agreed on 11, at the latest." You grumbled, "Sorry, North. But, I promise, I'm almost done. Give me a few more minutes." He picked you up, causing a squeak to escape from your form. "No, cause I know too well that 'a few more minutes' means 'all night'. You need sleep," North chastised you. You pouted as he carried you to bed.

After you both got under the covers, he wrapped his arms around your waist. You blushed a little at the action. "I missed this," he admitted. You chuckled, then mumbled, "Me too."

------------------------------------------------------

Aww, so cute. ^.^

At times like these, I wish I had a boyfriend. Oh, well. It's not a big deal. Being single has its perks, too.

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this. Sorry that my updates take so long. Sometimes, I just get writer's block.        -_-

Yeah... So, remember to leave your requests in the comments.

Thanks guys!

- J_fox11

------------------------------------------------------