Dream a Little Dream of Me

Sirius wasn't certain if he'd slept at all, as he had relived the kiss a million times in his head. He couldn't believe his luck...it had been so easy to capture her. Usually, he took things slower and made a point to never kiss a new girl on the lips...not to mentions the near-groping that had transpired, but he simply couldn't help himself...she took his breath away the second that he saw her.

The only fly in the ointment was that she believed him to be a wanderer...a lovable stray. He heaved a heavy sigh...that's exactly what he was. He had asked her how many hearts she'd broken and she had admitted to him that she was an innocent. He found comfort in the fact that technically, he still was as well. He decided that he didn't want to be her first...she didn't want him to be her first either...that would mean a break up.

There you go Black...thinking again, ye fecking wanker! He sighed and placed his hands behind his head and lay staring at the canopy above him.

He prayed that he didn't mess up and do something stupid, hurting her...he really fancied this girl and he wanted to get to know her on every level and he vowed that he'd take his time...he really wanted this to work out...was she the one? Why the hell was he thinking like this! He barely knew her! Still...she certainly could be...She was smart, sassy, witty, easy on the eyes and damn, that girl could kiss like no one's business! He felt it all the way to his curled toes and all parts in-between! He wondered if this was how James had felt about Evans...

He sat up on his elbows and spied his best friend sound asleep..he vowed that one way or the other, he would learn her name...Today. To pounce, or not to pounce...that is the question, he thought.

_____

Liesel woke up at first light, her eyes burned and her limbs were heavy...of course having a hundred pound dog on top of her had absolutely nothing to do with it. She scooted the dog over, sat up and yawned and pulled the covers from over her head. It was Saturday and the student body could sleep in if they wanted. Classes didn't begin until Monday and she had planned on using the weekend to wander around the school and get to know the layout...a map was no substitute for the real thing. She curled up and closed her eyes but soon, she smelled food cooking and she was unable to sleep. She groaned and covered her head with her blankets once again.

Kaitlyn approached her new friend's bed tentatively, not wishing to wake the massive dog half laying on the girl. Romulus opened one eye and then the other and he grumbled.

"Chill Rommy," Liesel groaned as she sighed.

"Are you awake," Kaitlyn asked.

"Unfortunately."

"Oh well, this communique just came for you."

"A what," Liesel asked and she sat up and tried to focus her eyes and she yawned. Kaitlyn held out a parchment envelope to her and she reached over the dog and half lay on him. "Wonder who it's from?"

Kaitlyn shook her head. "No idea? Why don't you open it and find out?"

"Now, why didn't I think of that," she teased as she turned the envelope over and read, "Miss Rhodes" neatly written in ink. She opened the envelope with tired fingers and struggled to read the writing on the parchment:

Your Majesty,,
I trust you slept well. Kindly meet me in the Library in an hour. I hope I've given you enough time since I assume you have to tend to that massive pooch of yours! I hope I get to meet him soon! Don't worry about breakfast, I have a basket prepared. Dress for warmth, it's supposed to be windy outside today.
All my heart,
Prince Charming
xxx

She smiled secretively and swung her legs from the flat of the mattress toward the floor and felt the cold floorboards on the bottoms of her feet and she allowed her feet stay on the floor for a moment before returning them to the bed.

"Who's it from?"

"Guess?" She raised her brow and a silly grin played over her features.

Kaitlyn looked toward the empty bed that belong to Abbey and returned her gaze and her jaw dropped when Liesel nodded. "No way!"

"Yes way," she said.

"What did he say," she asked excitedly.

"He asked me to meet him in the Library."

Kaitlyn scrunched up her face. "The Library!"

"I think it's a starting point. Maybe he's going to give me a tour of the castle and grounds?"

Kaitlyn grinned and wiggled her eyebrows. "Ohhhhhh!"

Liesel rolled her eyes. "He said to dress warm, so I guess we'll be outside for a while?"

"Well, what do you have to wear?"

"Are you kidding? I'm a friggin' clothes-horse!"

Kaitlyn nodded and giggled. "Well you'd better get a move on, Misses Black!"

Liesel "I gotta feed Rommy and walk him...hey, would you help me please? I'd hate to be late for my first date!"

"Of course, what do I do?"

"Thanks, you're a peach!"

"A peach! What's that mean," Kaitlin asked as she looked through Liesel's wardrobe, picking out a soft cable-knit sweater and a pair of indigo-colored jeans.

"It means you're a sweetheart," Liesel replied with a smile.

"Awww! I knew we were going to be good friends!" She presented her new best friend with her selections.

"Well, I was hoping that I'd have at least one!"

"And you got a boyfriend to boot? I'd say you're off to a fantastic start!"