Tell Me When The Whistle Blows

Sirius led Liesel toward the castle by wand-light and was met by Mister Filch.

"Typical! Out after dark Black! I got ya this time, red-handed!"

"Merely escorting Miss Rhodes whilst she walked her dog."

"Mmhmm." The caretaker stared hard at Sirius and Sirius raised his brow.

"Well then, I tell ya what? How about you get up in the morning and take the dog out yourself? Then you can take him after lunch and then after dinner and then tomorrow night? He takes a while to do his business, so you may wish to dress warmly seeing as you aren't adept at wand usage to help keep you warm?"

"Wait till I tell the Headmaster about this!"

Sirius nodded. "You do that. And I'll be sure to inform him how you stalk innocent kids who are merely trying to help out their fellow students?"

Filch's face turned bright red.

"So, if you don't mind, I'm going to walk Miss Rhodes to the Hufflepuff common room and then I'm going to mine. There's a quidditch game tomorrow that I've got to help the team prepare for."

"Oh yeah. You went and got yourself kicked off the team didn't ya Black?"

"Yeah, no thanks to you. Excuse us, won't you?" Sirius placed his hand at the small of her back and led Liesel and Romulus to the Great Hall. "What a wanker!"

Liesel giggled quietly and nodded her head. "What happened?"

"With what?"

"How come you got kicked off the team?"

"Out after hours."

"Oh. You mean like tonight?"

He shook his head. "Nah. I told Dumbledore that I'd go with you. He seemed to think it was a good idea, seeing as you really don't know your way around the grounds much and certainly, not at night."

"And you do?"

Sirius smirked broadly.

She smiled. "So you're not going to get into trouble?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

Her smile became brighter. "Good."

"Well, we're here," he said as he eyed up the stack of barrels and removed his wand from his back pocket and tapped the appropriate barrel as Liesel looked on his shock.

"How did you know that! You're not supposed to know!"

He grinned. "Huffelpuffs throw the absolute best parties..."

She nodded. "Yeah, I heard a little bit about those," she said.

"Hey, I've got a question for ya," he said.

"What's that?"

"You knew who I was when you ran into me yesterday, didn't you?"

She grinned.

"YOU DID! ADMIT IT!"

"Not at first, until the girls nodded at you. Then I knew."

"Ah." He nodded.

"But I had already read your dossier."

Shock played all over his features. "WHAT!"

"But to your credit, yours and your Uncle, I'm sorry for your loss, by the way. Remus and Lily told me..."

Still in shock, he looked anywhere but at her. "Thank you," he said quietly.

"There's a female cousin," she said as she closed her eyes. "Damn, I can't remember her name!"