Christmas Time Is Here

The Christmas holiday was very nearly upon them and Liesel was called into the Headmaster's office. When she arrived, she saw that Professors Flitwick, Slughorn, Sprout, McGonagall as well as both of her parents were in attendance. She walked in and was asked to take a seat in front of Dumbledore's desk.

"Miss Rhodes," Dumbledore began. "You've been called in today to discuss your fate regarding your status here at Hogwarts."

Liesel's eyes grew large and she swallowed hard. She thought perhaps that the little pranks she helped the boys to play had finally caught up with her. "Yes Sir?"

"Well, it's come to my attention that your Professors think a great deal of you, as do I. And so first off I'd like to congratulate you on being awarded this plaque for services to the school and your fellow students, specifically the first and second years for all the tutoring that you've done. Professor McGonagall tells me that you've a natural aptitude for teaching and that the test scores of the students that you've been working with has risen at least 120 percent for each of the eleven students that you've been working with. The students tell her that you're inventive, patient and that you've made learning fun for them. As a result, their comprehension as well as their retention remain unsurpassed with students as young as them. All are performing as E-level and O-level students. Well done!"

She looked to Professor McGonagall who was positively beaming. "Oh my god! A hundred and twenty percent! Really!"

The older witch nodded happily as she watched the girl wipe at her eyes...she had worked hard with those kids and it was wonderful to learn that her time spent with them was paying off for them. "Seventy-five points to Hufflepuff for a job well done," she announced.

"I have invited your parents to stay for the festivities this evening. I hope that's alright?"

Liesel grinned and nodded as she turned to look at her parents. "You've never heard us play," she said.

"That's right," John had said. "We only know what you've written in your letters."

"Well, you're in for a real treat tonight then, Mister Moody," Professor Flitwick said happily.

"Mister Moody? Come on, Phil! We were dueling partners!"

Liesel looked to her Professor. "Partners? Really? That's so cool!"

"Well, I think it is! Your father and I were very good friends! We had this move that used my size to our advantage you see?"

"Oh?"

John looked toward the ceiling "I think we've the room, Phil. If you want to show her? The nice version?"

Professor Flitwick shrugged his shoulders and nodded. "Fine by me," he replied.

The Headmaster stood up abruptly. "Oh no, not the one..."

John and the Professor nodded. "We'll clean up afterward, I promise," Professor Flitwick said.

Dumbledore grinned and motioned to the adults to follow him up toward his private study where they'd have a better view. Liesel got up to move with them and her father told her to stay put. When the adults were in position, John raised the tiny Professor high into the air and he waved his wand and Liesel was showered with a combination of sparkling snow and fireworks. She looked to the floor and the many horizontal surfaces to find nothing but glitter and Liesel squealed her joy as the snow floated from high above. Professor Sprout produced a camera and snapped several photos of her spinning quickly, creating a vortex of fiery-colored spirals of glittering snow using her brand of wandless magic.

When John lowered Flitwick to the floor, he ambled to the girl and congratulated her on her magic and then waved her down to him so that he could whisper something to her and when he had finished, she stood up and smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "Now what spell would you use to clean all this mess up?"