Vehicle - Part Two

Laurie chuckled as she headed back toward the house and pointed to the backseat of John's car for the groceries and other parcels.

Sirius opened the door and crawled into the roomy backseat, scooting the parcels toward him and shifted through the many bags. "Ooooh! There's presents," he exclaimed excitedly.

Lily squealed, hopping up and down as she clapped her hands. "Ooooh! Presents!"

Sirius craned his neck and glared toward her. "You're a regular killjoy Evans, you know that!"

She smiled a toothy grin as she approached the car. "Need some help with those?"

"Assistance would be greatly appreciated, yes! Especially since I can't very well magic all this out of here," he grumbled.

"Pshaw! You're just being a spoil sport..."

"Oh yeah, ya think so do ya?"

Lily nodded. "Mmhmm."

"And why's that," he asked as he passed a couple of bags toward her.

"Because Daddy's out with your girl and you're not," she offered. "It's alright, we all know how you feel. But you're going to have all summer with her, right? Give John a last few minutes with her. She is still moving in with you, isn't she?"

Sirius shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno? Haven't asked her."

"Why not!"

"Because. The lease is up on this house in a month and we'll be moving again. If she moves in now, she'll have to pack everything back up and move one more time. Don't you think she's moved around enough, Lily?"

Lily's expression softened. "Oh." She nodded her head. "Yeah, you're right. She has."

Sirius cupped his hand to his ear. "Sorry? What was that? Did you just admit that I was right about something?"

"Well, it had to happen sooner or later!" She grinned finally and turned to carry the bags of groceries to the house.

"Ha. Ha," he replied drolly. Sirius rolled his eyes and returned to the back seat to pull together the remaining parcels and bags and carried everything out of the car toward the house. He looked to his right and saw Liesel and John approaching in her little yellow MGB. She parked the car effortlessly and turned off the engine. They got out of the tiny two seater and approached him.

"Oi! Need a hand," John asked.

Sirius replied, a bag muffling his speech and Liesel reached up and removed the bag that had been resting against his face. "Thanks love," he whispered.

"Sure! You could have made two trips you know."

"Oh but this is much more fun. Besides, I'll get to walk behind you." He grinned and she returned the parcel and grabbed one of the bags from his hands. "Hey!"

She giggled and trotted toward the house and John could only stand by and watch his daughter work the boy over with a quiet laugh.

"Yeah, you would think this was funny," Sirius grumbled.

Sirius managed to get the groceries into the house with only a light amount of difficulty and placed everything in the foyer and then withdrew his wand then levitated everything toward the kitchen. "INCOMING!"

Liesel turned around and a bag hit her square in her face and she grabbed at it and sneered at her grinning boyfriend.

"Sorry love," he whispered as he kissed her cheek on the way by.