Christmas Time Is Here - Part Two

When she was asked to regale the previous day regarding her visit to  the Headmaster's office, Liesel told them that she learned that she  would be bumped up to a sixth year student at Hogwarts School of  Witchcraft and Wizardry upon her return due to her excellence in  wandless magic and exemplary grades.  Her parents then informed her that  the Faculty and Chancellors had considered placing her in Seventh Year,  skipping Sixth Year altogether although they wouldn't allow it, feeling  that she wasn't prepared to make the big jump into adulthood. When her  parents announced about the plans that the powers that be were  considering for her, Sirius looked as if the rug had been pulled out  beneath him, yet he insisted that she not allow him to hold her  back...if she was aspired to greatness, she should go out into the world  and take it.

"What a very Slytherin mode of thinking, Mister Black," Liesel said  with a grin. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think that it was Reggie  talking and not you!"

Sirius' scarlet-colored scowling face and searing eyes silently told her that he didn't appreciate her comment all that much.

"No one can blame you for thinking like that Sirius," John said.

"I'm not like them," Sirius replied quietly.

"That's right, you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be here. I wouldn't allow  it," John said with a nod and held up his glass of wine to salute the  young man.

"Is that why Regulus isn't present?"

She shook her head. "Your mother said no."

"Well, that figures."

She  breathed in deeply. "So that's why we're going to stop by in a bit to  take Reggie his Christmas gift and take a plate of sweets over too."

"'What's this we word I heard?"

"Well, I can't go by myself!"

'You're not going at all! I forbid it!"

"I beg your pardon? You what!"

Remus  covered his face and James sighed and looked away. "Oh god, here they  go," Remus groaned and he braced himself for the screaming match to  begin with clenched eyes.

"You're not my husband you know!"

He nodded his head in affirmation. "Not yet," he roared back.

"What?"

"Huh?" Sirius looked into her large hazel eyes. "Shite," he said under his breath.

Both  sat forward in their seats and remained silent and Lily giggled quietly  as she leaned into Remus. "I think that was the quickest one yet," she whispered. Remus nodded, quite stunned.

John  stared at the boy and his daughter as he drummed his fingers on the  table, his wife hiding her smile with her hand and she reached toward  her husband's drumming fingers and silenced them quickly.

"I don't understand why I need a wand in the first place," Liesel said changing the subject.

Remus chuckled and shook his head. "Bobbie, are you aware of what's coming?"

"You mean the uprising, right?"

"I wouldn't call it an uprising," her uncle Alastor replied. "It's a  bonafide war. It's inevitable and we must all be prepared and I hate to  say it but moving you to sixth year is putting you on their map."

Sirius sat quietly as he stared into his pint glass of ale as if  trying to glean some kind of supernatural knowledge from it. "As soon as  word gets out and it will, they'll know who you are and what you can  do," he said quietly.