I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night

Sirius insisted that Liesel sit with him at the Gryffindor table as he inhaled two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon, eight pieces of toast and three tall glasses of pumpkin juice while she poured over the morning edition of The Daily Prophet with her coffee and four heavily buttered pieces of toast with strawberry preserves. James soon followed and ate just about as much as Sirius did and protested when Lily munched on his bacon. Remus arrived alone and propped up his transfiguration text book and stole two pieces of James' toast unnoticed. Peter was the last to arrive with Kaitlyn and they parted at the tables...he barely had time to enjoy his cheesy scrambled eggs and juice, but he did manage to pepper James' eggs when he wasn't looking.

"I can't wait until Tuesday's paper," Liesel said to no one in particular.

"Why's that," Remus asked, his eyes looked at her from over his book as James frowned at his eggs and sighed.

"That's the fashion edition of the paper," she replied.

"Alright," Remus said, his brow raised. "And?"

"They had a contest for Best Dressed Witch and I entered it. They announce the winner tomorrow!"

Remus nodded."Ah. Good luck!"

"Thanks," she said smiling.

Sirius turned his head and looked at her as he pushed his plate away and belched as he spoke quite loudly, "Oh! Really?"

Liesel looked at him from the corners of her eyes. "EWW! That was absolutely disgusting," she said as Sirius chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "But yeah, really." She shook her head.

"Sorry," he said and pretended to look at the paper that was neatly folded before her.

"Better out than in," James said, also belching.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Come on Liesel, I'll show you the quickest way to Transfig, while those two battle it out for the title of 1976's Bumbling Belching Baboon of the Year."

Liesel chuckled. "I think I like Gastrointestinal Git of the year, myself."

"Oooooo, I rather like that one," Remus said.

"You're not helping, Remus," James chided.

"I'll give it a seven," Peter said. "James, you get a two."

"Hey! That was easily a 9.5," Sirius protested. " I think James should easily get a 4.5 for his. It was crunchy!"

Remus grinned as he closed his book with a loud thud and then stuffed it in his satchel. "Hold on ladies and I'll accompany you!"

"Ah yes, a true gentleman! Finally one steps up," Lily teased as she fluffed James' hair. He grinned as he threw back his head and pursed his lips, but Lily had already started walking toward the door. James' brow furrowed but his lips were still pursed and he glanced toward her. Liesel giggled as Sirius looked toward his best friend.

"I don't swing that way Prongsie old man, but I'll bite," he said as he took James' face in his hands and pulled him in for a kiss, but just as their lips were to collide, Sirius placed his hand between their mouths. He pulled away to see James' face register nothing but shock. "Best kiss I've had all day," he cooed.

"You suck, Sirius! Terribly!"

"Aww James I'm hurt! That's not what you said last night!"

Remus groaned as he shook his head and motioned that Liesel should follow. "It's our annual Prank James Day," he said. "First day of classes every year, we all prank James some kind of way. We all get one. Sirius' is at Halloween. Mine is at Christmas and Pete's is at Easter."