I'll be True to You - Part Three

As promised, Professor Slughorn had allowed the Black family to use his office to house the body of Orion Black in lieu of a proper space until such time as one could be agreed upon. Regulus entered the room and took his place next to his brother.

"You need to get to the house," Regulus said.

"Why," Sirius replied.

"Because, she said that she's going to burn all of this things...all of his art, his personal effects, letters, everything."

Sirius pinched the bridge of this nose and closed his eyes as he sighed and shook his head.

Liesel leaned over her husband to look into Regulus' eyes. "Art?"

"You'll need to accompany me Reg," Sirius said in a low voice. "You know how to get in to the vaults at the house. Once there, I can get everything out that needs to be saved and get it to Gringotts. Everything should be well-secured there."

"He never changed anything, so you really don't need me to help you unless it's for moral support," he said with a grin. "She can be a force to be reckoned with when she wants to be you know!"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "I'm liable to kill her, Reg. Gods forbid she raise her wand to me..."

"Well, she's upset...she just lost her husband," Liesel offered.

Both Regulus and his Lord shook their heads. "She's always been a bitch," Sirius said. "I grew up knowing that there was some other woman in my father's life and while they did have a monogamous relationship, he apparently was in love with a memory. Ya can't beat that!"

"You mean my mom?"

Sirius nodded his head. "Probably why he was pleased when I told him about you."

"Is that why they lived next door to each other?"

"I think that was a happy accident," Regulus offered. "I doubt that any of them knew about it until just recently when he saw you both entering the house. Well, that and he caught sight of your parents."

"I'm going to head back to the house unless you need me? No idea where I'll put Dad's art, but that's what I want saved, unless there's anything else you want," Regulus asked. "Besides, you have a wedding day to continue." He looked to his father's body and rose up and approached it. "Dad, you just had to make this day about you, didn't you?" He shook his head and tenderly kissed the dead man's brow, then he turned toward his best friend. "Bobbie, do you think that your mom would want their letters?"

"Oh, I don't know! Probably. I know I would want them, if it were me!" Liesel looked to her husband who was slumped in his chair, torn as to what to do.

Lily and James approached reverently. "Sirius," James whispered. "The photographer is waiting for you two."

Sirius closed his eyes and sighed and Liesel squeezed his hand. "Give us a moment, okay," she asked.

James nodded. "Of course," he said gently. "Look mate, we're here for you, alright?"

Sirius turned his head to see his best friend and a half-smile played across his features as he nodded his thanks. Both he and Liesel had been there for James when his parents died...first his father and then his mother. He had no idea how much this would pain him...he couldn't imagine the pain his brother felt...Regulus was closer to his father than he had ever been.

Still, somehow he had to put on a brave face...for the family and more importantly, his bride. He decided that it was for her that he would be strong...The one person who he felt the worst for was Laurie...With regard to protocol, she would merely be allowed to pay her respects. To hell with protocol, he thought.

Sirius stood to his feet finally and looked at James. "Where's Misses Moody?"

"She's in the quad with the photographer, why?"

"She should be in here."

"She's the mother of the bride, mate. No way!"

"She was his first love though. Most of his artwork that I've seen features her likeness. I don't think he ever got over her!"

Liesel let her gaze wander toward the pale shell of the man. She had her own questions for her mother and she hoped that she'd have the opportunity to talk to her before too long.

Sirius looked to his bride and wondered what she was thinking: her face carried a blank expression and he could tell that she was deep in thought. He had no idea how long he'd been standing next to her, but it was Remus who finally brought them out of their stupor.

"Hey," he said gently as he touched her arm. "People are waiting for you."

She looked up at him and smiled. "Okay Snarky. Thanks," she said finally. She clasped her new husband's hand in hers. "Lets show them just how resilient we young Blacks really are?"

Sirius gazed into her eyes thoughtfully and knew that she was going to make him an excellent wife.

Sirius and Liesel met up with the wedding party on the quad and they decided to venture down to the docks for their photographs...not an easy walk for Liesel who was in ungodly high heels and her dress made it difficult to traverse the steep staircase. When they reached their destination, did Sirius finally remove the cloak of his formal dress robes, revealing a pale-sage-green colored suit that matched the bridal bouquet of flowers that Orion had gifted her with...a nod to his Slytherin heritage, of course...The color of Sirius' suit was Laurie's idea...and he now understood why she had gently demanded the specific colors that had been used with regard to the attire of the wedding party...they were the colors to be used for the wedding that never came to pass...It was to be their secret and final nod to the other.

It was to be their secret and final nod to the other