Home Sweet Home - Part Two

After Liesel's parents left the house so that they could make the final preparations for Christmas day, Sirius continued the tour of the house. She liked that the kitchen was large, but it was antiquated. He had told her that he had no idea what to put in there and that Duggy and Duffy had acclimated well with the muggle appliances that were there as had Misses Jones, his new housekeeper. He explained that he had granted her leave to to be with her children and grandchildren and that she would be returning on Boxing Day...he was on his own until then. He told her that he wasn't at all concerned though as he had her to make sure he ate well. Liesel rolled her eyes in jest as she shook her head. "Thank god for Mom then," she said.

He took her through the dining room which she thought was as large as a skating rink and Sirius raised his brow as he had no clue what she was talking about. He opened the door to another room that he thought might make an excellent space for a library. It was large enough to seat about twenty people comfortably, but small enough to place secluded reading nooks through out the room.

"Would make a good war room," she said as she continued on. "Uncle Al has one at the manor...this is kind of what it looks like."

Sirius stopped in his tracks and nodded. "Well, if I'm to assume the Head of the House, then I'll be needing one of those."

"I was kidding hon. I like the idea of the library much better."

He smiled and nodded as he took her hand in his. "Ready to see upstairs?"

She grinned. "I guess that's where all the bedrooms are, huh?"

He wiggled his eye browns and grinned at her. "Uh huh," he cooed.

She playfully rolled her eyes and shook her head again. "Continue on, Mister Black!"

He took her hand in his and led her up the stairs. He pointed out that to the right were guest quarters; Remus had a room down that side of the corridor and then she saw a small staircase and asked if they led to servants' quarters and he nodded his reply. He pointed to the left and she saw five closed doors. He moved past her to open one door and told her that it was one of four bathrooms. She nodded as she poked her head in and smiled when she saw the beach-themed colors and starfish, seahorses and other aquatics "swimming" on the wall and ceiling.

"Where do these doors go to," she asked as she returned to the large corridor.

"Well, those two rooms are joined," he said.

"Oh?"

"Yes. One is a nursery and the other is for the nanny."

"Nanny!"

"Well, yeah!"

"Pshaw! Nannies! I never had a nanny!"

"Well I did. They're quite useful!"He opened the door and allowed her to look in at the completely empty palate. "I thought I should let my wife decorate these room to her liking."

She rolled her eyes...wondering when he was going to formally pop the question..."What's the other door?"

"The master and mistress' bedrooms."

"Bedrooms? Plural?"

He nodded. "Yup."

She suddenly appeared troubled.

"Don't like that idea," he asked with a grin on his face.

"No. I don't."

"Ah well," he began and breathed in deeply. "I thought you might feel that way. So I turned the master bedroom into a movie room."

"A movie room!"

"That's what you call it right? Film, cinema...movies?"

She nodded. "Yeah, that's right."