Welcome To My Nightmare

Sirius sat at the Gryffindor table picking at the food on his plate. Jonson had made certain that Sirius would have full view of him and his new girlfriend. Three times, Liesel caught Sirius' heated stare and she could only look upon him with wounded eyes...that was what made him push his plate away and finally rise from the table to leave the Great Hall.

"Damn," James sighed as he shook his head, watching his friend storm off.

Remus leaned back to watch his friend make his way toward the corridor and then he turned to look toward the Hufflepuff table and saw that Liesel was now alone and that her neck was stretched awkwardly to watch Sirius leave the Great Hall. She saw that Remus was watching her and he made a face that asked, what's going on? She looked into his eyes and shook her head as she shrugged her shoulders. Remus slapped the table and got up quickly, collecting his books and started moving through the students milling about as he placed his books in his bag along the way.

When Remus made his way to the main corridor, he looked in all directions and realized that he had no idea which way Sirius would have gone. Two seventh year boys entered from the main door from outside and smelling cigarette smoke on them, he turned on his heel to head in the direction of the man-door.

He found Sirius leaning against the cold stone wall inhaling deeply, as he stared at nothing. "Hey," he said before he touched his arm.

Sirius cut his eyes at him.

"Don't worry, she didn't send me."

Sirius exhaled and nodded his head as his eyes returned to their original position.

"Want to tell me what the hell is going on please?"

Sirius cut his eyes again still remaining silent.

"Come on, man! We're all terribly worried about both of you!"

"It's stupid."

"I gathered that much."

Sirius rolled his eyes and glared at his friend.

"Sorry. That was uncalled for. It's just that your brain goes a million miles a second and she's the only one who can keep up. You never talk things out unless we make you..."

"No one makes me do anything that I don't want to do."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I don't believe that's entirely true."

"Oh yeah?" Sirius nodded his head as he bellied up to Remus.

"Yes," Remus said, amazed that Sirius hadn't already hauled off and hit him. Other people wouldn't have remained standing as long as he had been. "I don't believe for one second that you want to see other people, Sirius. I don't believe that at all. Were that the case, you wouldn't be stalking her."

Sirius grimaced. "Is it that obvious?"

"To most people, probably not, but I know you and I know how you think. Why don't you tell me what this is really about and we can go from there?"

Sirius lit another cigarette and explained his reasoning...that he didn't want to force anything on her...that he wanted her to give herself to him willingly...that he didn't want to be her first. He wanted to take their relationship to the next level and he produced a small box and handed it to him. Remus stood against the wall with him and took everything in."Is that what I think it is?"

Sirius nodded.

"Did you tell any of this to her?"

"Somewhat."