Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter is going to have mild mature talk in it.

Maya POV

My mom, Topanga, Riley, and I went shopping and they helped me pick out some really cute maternity clothes. I was so happy to finally have some clothes that fit. Especially since college started next week. I was currently at week 22 of my pregnancy. My pregnancy hormones were starting to get the best of me. I would go from emotional to moody in a matter of seconds. It seemed like every thing Lucas was doing lately was annoying me. Bless his heart for having to deal with me. Moody Maya was not a fun Maya at all. Today was absolutely no exception. I was really starting to get fed up with how big I was getting. I walked into the kitchen to get a drink of chocolate milk and was pissed off that there was none left. I slammed the fridge shut harder than I should have. Lucas came into the kitchen to see what was going on. 

He leaned up against the counter as I got myself on water. "What's wrong?" 

I slammed the cup down on the counter and walked over to get ice out of the freezer. "You want to know what's wrong with me?" I said anger showing in my voice. 

"Yeah what the hell is up with you slamming shit." he replied. 

"You knocked me up and I'm really starting to look like a whale. On top of that I'm craving chocolate milk and there is none left for me to drink." I snapped. 

"You do not look like a whale, Maya." he replied "You're beautiful and as far as the milk goes I can go get you more if you'd like." 

"It's like why didn't you put a fucking condom on." I said to him and he actually chuckled at me.

"Because when I saw you looking hot as hell in that towel the only thing that was on my mind was how much I wanted you." he said with a smile. "We both got caught up in the moment." 

"Yeah and speaking of that we haven't had sex in what two weeks?" I said to him and I could tell he was holding back a laugh. 

"No, I'm serious like don't laugh right now or you'll piss me off even more. Do you not want me anymore?" I said to him and I could feel the tears coming on. 

"This baby is really doing a number on you. Of course I want you." he replied "I tried to wake you up the other night and you rolled over and went back to sleep." 

He had a point there,  "Well you certainly have done nothing since then." 

"Do you want to go have sex right now? Lets go have sex right now if you want to." he said and he was grinning. 

I was absolutely exasperated by his response "What the hell do you think? Of course I want to." I all but yelled at him.

"Okay then lets go then." Lucas said as he grabbed my arm and took me to the bedroom. 

So that's what Lucas and I did we went and had sex then afterwards we cuddled.  He was holding me when I started crying. 

"Are you crying?" he asked me concern was showing his voice. 

"Yes." I replied. 

"What are you crying about?" he asked me. 

"I was thinking about this cat I saw the other day." I replied and I could feel him silently laughing. 

"What was wrong with the cat?" he asked me. 

"It was just so cute Lucas. It's little face. I want one." I sniffled. 

"We can get one after the baby is born." he replied. 

"Good." I replied and then a few minutes later I ended up falling asleep. 

I awoke to Lucas no longer being in bed with me. I went out to see what he was doing and he was watching TV. I went over and sat down by him on the couch. 

"Thanks for letting me sleep, Huckleberry." I said as I leaned into him. 

"You really needed it." he replied. 

"I'm sorry about earlier. I was such a bitch." I replied and he laughed. 

"Don't worry about it. I honestly thought it was hilarious." he answered and I laughed. "Although I got to admit your mood swings are giving me whiplash." 

"Okay Edward Cullen." I said he started laughing. 

"I mean you can't argue the fact that it's accurate." he replied. 

"Yeah it really is." I replied. 

Lucas and I hung out for awhile then he went to get McKenzie. She wanted to have a sleep over with us so we told her that she could. He brought her over and then we played some games with her. We got enthralled in a game of Monopoly and I was doing really good until Lucas started taking all of my money. I ended up having to be out of the game leaving it only McKenzie and Lucas against each other. I started crying when I realized I was out of the game. 

"Maya what's wrong?" McKenzie asked with a confused expression on her face. 

This poor girl had no idea why the hell I was crying. Lucas jumped in and took over the conversation. "Maya's just emotional right now. Being pregnant can do that to you." Lucas said to her. 

"Oh okay." McKenzie answered. 

Lucas ended up winning the game. Once it was over I had Kenzie get a bath. Once she was in her PJ's her and I went to cuddle in bed. 

"Maya can we listen to Kinleigh's heartbeat?" she asked me as she laid cuddled into me. 

"Yes, we can do that." I replied as I grabbed the fetal Doppler off the bedside table. 

I grabbed the Doppler and lifted my shirt up revealing my baby bump. McKenzie looked at me and smiled. She placed her hands on my tummy and gave it a small kiss. I turned on the Doppler then placed the knob part of it on my stomach. McKenzie smiled big when she heard the heartbeat. 

"It's so cool that you can listen to her heart." Kenzie said. "Can I hold it and move it around." 

"Yep." I replied. 

Kenzie took the Doppler and began to move it around. She was so excited when she found the heartbeat. The next thing she asked me was if she could read the baby a story. I told her she could do that. I couldn't help but smile as McKenzie read "Goodnight Moon" to Kinleigh. Kenzie was doing a good job with her reading and was clearly above average than most her age. After she finished the story we just laid in bed and watched a movie until we both fell asleep.