Chapter 17

Maya POV

5 days Later

I was finally released from the hospital 4 days ago but Lucas and I spent every minute we could in the NICU with our baby girl. Kinleigh was doing amazing. They started giving her breast milk through her PICC line last week and she was taking to it good. Lucas had to go back to school but in the mornings we would get up early before so he could see her. We walked into the nursery and over to where our baby was. Kinleigh's nurse Sheila saw us come in and she walked over to us with a smile.

"Would you like to hold her today?" she said to me and I almost started crying.

"Yes. You don't know how long I have been waiting for this moment." I said with a smile.

I looked at Lucas who was grinning ear to ear at me. I could tell he was excited to hold her as well. Sheila gently picked Kinleigh up out and handed her to me. I walked over and sat down in the rocking chair. I kissed her little forehead and she yawned. I cried as I took in the sight of my little girl. It felt so good to hold her in my arms. Lucas pulled a chair over and sat beside me as I held Kingleigh in my arms.

"I'm so glad she's okay, Lucas" I said as gave her another kiss on her cheek. She started moving her arms around and her little eyes fluttered open for the first time. "Look Lucas her eyes are open."

"I see that. I think she's going to have your eye color." he said with a smile.

"Mommy loves you so much, Kineligh. More than anything in this world." I said as another tear slipped down my cheek.

"We did a good job, Maya." he said as he looked at me with a smile. "She's just as beautiful as you."

"We certainly did. She was blessed with a great gene pool." I sniffled and Lucas chuckled.

"Well what can I say she came out of my dick. I've got good swimmers." he said and I started laughing.

"Oh my god, I can't with you." I chuckled. I looked back down and Kinleigh placing my finger under her little hand. I smiled as I admired her.

"Can Daddy have a turn? I have to get going soon." he sighed.

"Yes of course." I smiled.

Lucas POV

I'm so in love with my daughter. I never thought I could love something so much but it really is the greatest feeling in the world when you see your baby for the first time. I was so glad at the progress Kinleigh was making. When Sheila asked Maya if she wanted to hold our baby I couldn't have been so happy. Watching Maya interact with our daughter made me fall even more in love with her. It was amazing to me how fast her maternal instinct kicked in. I always knew Maya was going to be an amazing mother. The hard part for me was the fact that I still had to take classes when all I wanted to do was be with Maya and our baby. Maya gently handed me the baby and as soon as I had her in my arms I could feel myself tearing up. This was the first time I got to hold Kinleigh and that feeling of having her in my arms for the first time was indescribable.

I brushed my finger along Kineligh's cheek and kissed her forehead "You gave Mommy and I quite the scare, peanut." I said to her. I looked back at Maya who was staring at me intently.

"Seeing you with our baby makes my ovaries burst." she blurted out and I laughed.

"I'm so glad she's okay." I replied as I looked back down at Kinleigh.

"Me too. I can't wait til she is home with us." Maya said to me then leaned and kissed me softly on the lips.

"I love you." I said when she pulled a way.