Chapter 39

A/N: Cover Photo = Kinleigh's first birthday outfit. I love doing visuals! Her birthday will be a couple chapters. I'm also going to include a visual of Kinleigh just because I'm lame. That visual will be at the end.   lmao

Mayas POV

Kinleigh's first Halloween was a lot of fun. We took her to a couple places trick or treating and then came home. Everyone loved my little Cheshire Cat and I have to admit her costume was adorable. Today was November 4th the day that my little girl was brought into this world. I wasn't coping well with her turning a year old at all. In fact I was a bit of a mess over it and I think Lucas kind of sensed it. After bathing Kinleigh I went into the nursery to put her into her birthday outfit. It was kind of bitter sweet seeing all the pictures of her in here from when she was a baby. She was so tiny at birth and I'm so thankful she was okay. I had her laying on the changing table as I was putting lotion on her. She was cooing and kicking her legs as usual. I put a her diaper on her then put on her birthday onesie. It was a Minnie Mouse themed out fit. The onesie had Minnie on the front of it with the number one. It was absolutely adorable. It also came with a tutu and Minnie ears. I was so excited to get pictures with her. After putting on the onesie I picked her up and held her in my arms. My next ask was to feed her before I put the tutu on her. I sat down with her in the rocking chair and allowed her to latch onto me which she did right away. I knew she would be hungry since she just woke up. I looked down at her and smiled as my baby girl fed off me. As she got older it was moments like this I was really going to miss. Her hair was the color of her Daddy's that dirty blonde and she had hair but not a lot and also had his green eyes but my shaped face. 

I grabbed onto her little foot and placed a small kiss on it as she fed off me. I smiled down at her as I rocked her "Mommy, loves you so much Kinleigh. I want you to stop growing but I also know that I can't stop that from happening. " I said as I kissed her cheek. 

Kinliegh placed her hand on my cheek as she fed off me. I love her so much even more so than Lucas. I never thought I could love anyone as much as him but Kinleigh is my absolute everything. She's my best friend and the best aside from her Daddy to ever come into my life. After she got done feeding I put her tutu on her and she looked so darn cute. I put her on the floor and she took off towards the door. She was walking a lot more. She knew her way around our apartment. As we went down the hall she was full speed ahead of me. 

"She's coming for you Daddy." I hollered as I made my down the hall. 

"Look at you all dressed up. I love you peanut." Lucas said as he picked her up. "You did a god job with her outfit, Mommy." Lucas smiled.

"Isn't cute? Riley and I found it online. We both fell in love and had to buy it for her." I chuckled. 

"She's the most adorable Minnie Mouse I've ever seen." he said and then kissed her on the cheek. 

"I'm going to go get the camera ready. Keep an eye on her for me Daddy." I said as I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. 

I walked over to the living room area and to where the camera was plugged in and charging. I turned it on to find out which video was in there and it just so happened it was one we took of her when she was in the neonatal unit. I immediately started tearing up as I saw her in her little crib. She was so tiny and beautiful. As I forwarded the video I found other cute things but the one that got me was one where I was sitting in the rocking chair singing to her. Lucas recorded it when I wasn't looking. I couldn't take anymore looking at it. I couldn't cope with her growing but I knew that I needed to. I put the camera down harder than I should causing Lucas to look at me. 

"Maya! What the hell. You're going to break the camera." he said to me as he walked into the living room. He placed Kinleigh in her pack n play then walked over to me. 

"Why did you take this video? The one of me singing to the baby and not tell me?" I said to him as the tears ran down my face. 

"I took the video because it was such a tender moment. I wanted to capture it on video for you. I forgot about it. We were a bit occupied back then." he said as he came over and sat down on me. "Whats going on with you? You have seemed off all day?"  

"I can't cope with her turning one Lucas. She's growing up way to fast." I cried. 

Lucas pulled me to him and I leaned into him and continued to cry as he held onto me "Maya, I realize this is very hard for you. But you know as well as I do that no matter what she will always be our little baby. Our smol bean little peanut and the light our life. Once we get school out of the way we will have another one." 

I looked up at him and he was looking at me with so much concern "I know you are right. It's just really hard one. When she was born I thought I was going to lose her, Lucas." 

"I know Maya but we didn't and we have to be thankful for that. She might be growing but at least she's still with us." He said then wiped the tears off my face. 

"I'm sorry for flipping out on you Lucas." I said to him. "You are right I have a lot to be thankful for. I've just been emotional lately." 

"I know you have and it's okay, Don't worry about it. I love you." he said then leaned and kissed me softly. 

"Mama, Da" Kinleigh said and I pulled away from Lucas and looked over at the pack n play. I couldn't help but smile as Kinleigh was standing there looking at us with her arms out. 

I walked over and picked up Kinleigh "You're so cute baby." I said then walked over to Lucas. "Lets take a family selfie." 

"Lets do it." he said with a smile. 

Lucas placed Kinleigh between us and I managed to snap a selfie of the three of us. It  turned out really cute too. Now it was just time for the people to arrive. We weren't throwing a big party for her. It was just going to be Mom, Shawn, Dad, Lucas dad's family,Lucas mom and sister,Fakrle, Riley, Topanga, Cory and Auggie. I was really looking forward to it. As much as I hated that Kinleigh was growing I couldn't wait to see her dive into the cake for the first time. 

A/N: Here is a visual of baby Kinleigh! I had fun googling a picture. LOL

 LOL