Chapter 40

Maya POV

Lucas and I finished putting up the rest of the decorations before everyone got here. Riley and Farkle were the first to arrive which didn't surprise me because Riley told me that she planned on coming over early.  When she walked in the room Kinleigh looked up from what she was doing and smiled big at Riley. She loved her Aunt Riley so much. I watched as she took off towards Riley with her arms out and Riley picked her up hugging her tightly. 

"Happy Birthday, baby peaches." Riley said and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You look so cute in your outfit." 

Kinleigh smiled at Riley and placed her little hand on Riley's cheek. Riley leaned in and kissed her once more. She really did love her Aunt Riley. 

"I can't get over how much she looks like Lucas." Farkle chuckled. 

"Everybody says that." I replied. "Not only does she look like him but she's obsessed with him too. She's all about Da. When he's around Mama's chopped liver." 

"Da, da, da, da." Kinleigh said as she flapped her arms playing with her tutu.

"See?" I said causing Riley and Farkle to laugh. 

"She's so cute." Riley said as Kinleigh then started to wiggle her way off her lap.

"Let's just hope she doesn't act like Maya." Lucas joked and I glared at him. Farkle started laughing. 

"Yeah, man good luck to you if that happens." Farkle said and Lucas chuckled. 

I raised my hand flipping both of them off. They just laughed "I hope she does act like me that way she can help me troll both of you." I said and they chuckled even more. 

Farkle, Riley, Lucas and I all visited for a little bit then others started showing up. My mom and Shawn arrived a few minutes later. Kinleigh was so excited to see my mom. She ran over to her excitedly with her arms out and Mom picked her up holding her tightly. 

"Someone is happy to see her Grammy today." I said as I walked up to my mom. "How are you doing?" 

"I'm good baby girl. She looks adorable in her little outfit." Mom said. "Are you ready to eat some cake precious?" 

"How you doing kiddo?" Shawn asked as he hugged me. 

"I'm good. I want her to stop growing but what can you do." I said with a smile. 

Kinleigh looked at my mom and smiled big at her. I couldn't help it I just had to get a picture of the two of them together. Whenever my mom was around Kinleigh was all about her Grammy. Dad. Bethany, Kenzie, Lucas's Aunt, his dads family, and the Matthews showed up next. As hard as it is for me that she's growing up I really am happy about her little birthday party. Lucas and I were standing near the crackers and cheese plate when Kenzie walked up to us. 

"Maya can I help Kinleigh open her presents?" Kenzie asked as she walked up to me and Lucas. 

"We're going to let her try first." Lucas replied. "But I'm sure it will be okay for you to help a little bit. " 

"Yeah, baby she'll more than likely need your help but we want to see what she does first." I said to her. 

"Okay but if she needs any help I will help her." Kenzie said with a grin before taking off into the living room area. 

I turned to Lucas who was standing there beside me "Should we do cake or presents first?" I asked him. 

"I think presents first and then cake after. That way she can go right into the bathtub." he chuckled.