Chapter 9

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to the BFF who knows who she is and will get why this is dedicated to her as soon as she starts reading it. Also I hope you guys like the beginning because I was dying laughing while writing it. lmao

Maya POV

I've been on an emotional roller coaster ever since I walked into my mom's house and found out the man who helped me in the Grocery store was my father. I shut Lucas completely out and haven't even told him yet and he hasn't caught on. Probably because of the fact that he thinks its pregnancy hormones. Today I woke up grumpy. What's new? It seems lately everything is pissing me off but Lucas bless his soul is still sticking out with me. However my breaking point of the day was when I was just nodding off to sleep and Lucas let off the loudest sounding smelliest fart ever. I was highly annoyed. 

"Did you really just fucking do that when I was nodding off to sleep?" I all but snapped at him. 

"What did you expect me to do Maya?" It's not like I could hold it in." he replied. 

"If you are going to shit yourself do it in the bathroom. They were made for that reason." I replied and I could hear him sigh.  

"I can't believe you are actually mad about this." he said. 

"Use a condom next time." I retorted. 

Right when I thought he was going to speak he burped which annoyed me further and then he said "Are you ever going to let that go?" 

"Did you seriously just fucking do that? Like I want to sleep right now and your burping and farting in my ear. If you want to maintain a relationship with me then do yourself a favor and go sleep on the couch."  

"Fine. I'm out." he said as he got up out of bed. "I love you." 

"Love you too. We can have sex in the morning." I yawned and he started laughing. 

"I can't with you. This baby is making you bipolar." he chuckled as he walked out of the room. 

I rolled myself into the middle of the bed and within 5 minutes I was sleeping peacefully. The next morning I woke up and I have to admit I hated Lucas not being beside me therefore I went out to the living room. I couldn't help but smile and cry at how adorable he looked as he slept. Man these pregnancy hormones are for the birds. I walked over to him and straddled him on the couch since it was a bit harder for me to lay with him since he was sleeping. He started stirring but didn't wake up so I leaned forward and placed my lips on his. He cupped my cheeks and eased more into the kiss. I could feel him smiling in my mouth so I pulled away and looked at him. 

"I'm sorry." I said as I looked at him. "Waking up without you in bed with me sucked." 

"It's okay. I know it's your pregnancy hormones making you have mood swings." he said as he placed his hands on my thighs. 

"It's that but there is also something else that contributing to it." I sighed. 

"What is it?" he said with concern showing in his voice. 

"Will you come cuddle with me in bed so I can tell you." I asked. 

"Of course." he replied and so I got up off him. 

Lucas grabbed his pillow and together we walked back in to the room. Once he got situated in bed I laid in his arms and cuddled my head into his neck. 

"So I've been keeping this in for a few days now." I said to him. 

"What's going on?" he asked me. 

"I went over to Mom's because I was craving a Tuna Melt and when I got there my Dad was there." I replied. 

"What?" Lucas said and I could tell he was shocked. 

"Yeah, I ran into him at the grocery store but didn't know it was him." I replied. 

"I can't believe after 18 years he'd just show up to your moms. What does he want?" Lucas asked me. 

"He wants to see me and get to know me." I replied and now I was starting to cry a little bit. 

"Maya, why didn't you tell me?" he asked me. "I would have been there for you." 

I looked up at Lucas and kissed him softly. "I love you so much and you are the first person I go to about anything but I didn't feel like talking about it. I haven't even told Riley yet. Aside from my mom you are the first person I've told." 

"I love you too, Maya. It's okay I understand. What are you going to do?" he asked. 

"I'm going to have dinner with him and my mom. Maybe this would give us a chance to reconnect but I'm scared which is also why I've been that way. But I want you to be at the dinner with me." 

"I will be there. But are you sure?" he asked. 

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't know want to do it just for me. I'm also thinking about Kinleigh. She deserves to get to know her Grandpa too." I replied "And I know that it might sound insane but I forgive him. My mom and him were young when she got pregnant with me and now that I'm at that point myself I get how scary it was. I would never in a million years leave Kinleigh but I feel like I should give him a chance that way I have no regrets later." 

"Okay if this is what you want we will do it but so help me god if he hurts you or our baby I will come unglued." Lucas said and I could tell he was serious. "I also want you to come to me next time if something is bothering you." 

"I will." 

Lucas gave me a kiss on the forehead and I looked up at him as the tears ran down my face. I'm so upset with myself at how horrible I have been treating him. He wiped the tear away and then cupped my cheek "What's wrong?" he asked. 

"I'm the worst girlfriend ever. I've been treating you so horrible lately and you are so good to me.  I feels so bad. I'm sorry." I said as I sobbed into his arms. 

Lucas moved me gently and turned me so I was laying on my back. He leaned over me and wiped the tears away again. "Maya look at me" he said. 

"What?" I said through the tears. 

"I don't take any of it to heart. I know it's your hormones getting the best of you. Don't ever think you are a horrible person. To be honest with you I have laughed every single time and last night was no exception. I love you and I wouldn't change you for the world." he said as he kissed me softly. "I'm serious don't cry because it kills me when you cry." 

"Okay." I said as I continued to cry. It was taking me a minute to stop.

"Please try to stop crying. I don't want you stressed out. It's not good for Kinleigh. You didn't upset me." he said and when he mentioned the baby I immediately started to calm down. He was right I needed to get myself together. This was not good for her at all. I knew he loved me but everything just hit me. Lucas and I cuddled in bed for the majority of the morning until we were hungry then once we ate we cuddled some more on the couch while we watched a movie. I'm so lucky and blessed.