Chapter 42

A/N: Here it is the Epilogue to Destiny. I hope you all enjoy it! Just to give everyone a time frame Kinleigh is almost 6, the new baby is just turned 2, and Kenzie is 12. 

Maya POV

I carefully picked up the small dark haired baby boy who was laying in his incubator and placed him in my arms. I kissed him softly on the cheek and then put him in his little bed. Today I was going to be taking him to his parents. I gently laid him in his bed and covered him with a blanket. He was such an adorable baby and I couldn't wait to get my hands on him even more in the coming days. Once we were ready I began to wheel him down to his Mom and Dad. He was going home later today but I knew I'd see a lot more of him. The door was cracked opened when I got to the room so I knocked then then I was told to come in I walked in and stopped right beside his Mom's bed. I picked up him and kissed him once more on the cheek. I watched Riley's face as I handed the small 4lb5oz baby to her. I was so happy for her and Farkle on the arrival of their precious baby boy Noah Alan Minkus on Sept 14. He was identical to Farkle but had some of Riley's features. Mom and baby were both doing fantastic and the moment couldn't have been more bittersweet for me since I'm their neonatal nurse. Noah was a healthy baby but we placed him in an incubator as a precaution due to his weight and being born a bit early.  Since he seemed to be doing so well we were letting him go home. Farkle was one of the leading medical technologists in this Hospital which was not surprising  at all. Riley became a teacher like her Dad but she teaches Elementary Special Education. She's a wonderful teacher and I know that the parents love her.  I graduated college a year ago successfully becoming a neonatal nurse. I couldn't be happier having this job. Having seen Kinleigh the way she was for that month she was in the hospital really inspired me and made me want to become a nurse.  I watched as Riley began to nurse Noah. I missed those moments so much but I loved being able to watch my best friend experience it with her little boy. 

"I'm so proud of you Riles." I said as I stood by and watched as she admired her baby boy as she fed him. 

"Thanks, peaches. Noah and I are so blessed to have such an amazing nurse. My anxiety is lessened so much knowing that he's in your care." 

"Yeah Maya I have to say that puts me at ease too. Thank you for all you've done for us." Farkle said with a smile. 

"Don't mention it. I'm glad I was here. Noah was in good hands. Aunt Maya can't wait to love on him some more. " I said and she smiled back at me. 

"Where is your husband? I thought he was stopping by this morning."  she asked. 

"He should be coming anytime. He was just getting the kids around first and then coming over." 

Lucas and I got married in a small ceremony last year. It was nice and intimate with just our friends and little bit of family. I'm proud of Lucas as well. With the help of his family he was able to open his very own Veterinary Clinic here in the City. We have often thought of taking the kid sand moving to Texas. We love the city but also keep thinking about how we wish they had a big yard to play in. Lucas family owns a lot of land on the farm and so he's got it in his mind that he'd like to build on the land out there. As of right now we are going to stay in the City though.  

"I'm surprised that baby peaches isn't driving him crazy yet." she chuckled as she began to burp Noah. 

"Oh she is." Lucas said as he walked into the room with both kids. 

"Well Daddy you took forever getting here." Kinleigh said and I couldn't help but chuckle. 

"That's because your sister decided to dirty her diaper just as we were heading out the door." Lucas replied as held our baby girl in his arms.