Chapter 41

A/N: Okay guys so we are at the end of this book. The next chapter is going to be the epilogue! I realize that this book isn't as good as Fate but I hope you like it anyway. This is another time jump chapter but you will have all the feels and maybe even some tears. Kinleigh is now 3 years old which makes Lucas/Maya 20 years old but soon to be 21.  We are also starting off with a Lucas POV for this one. 

Lucas POV

2 years later 

It's hard to believe that Kinleigh just celebrated her third birthday. I feel like time has flown by so fast. A lot has changed in those 2 years. Maya is now in her second year of school to become a Neonatal nurse. I couldn't be more proud of how passionate she is about this. I'm in my last year of school to become a veterinarian. My little sister is now 9 years old and I don't like that she's now getting into that boy crazy stage that all little girls go through at that age. Tonight is Christmas Eve. Maya and I went to Topanga's Christmas party like we do every year. We just got home a little bit ago. I told her that I would bath Kinleigh this time for her and for her to relax. She didn't know I had something planned for her but she took my offer and let me bathe her. 

"Are you going to help me give Mama her present?" I said as I got Kinliegh dressed. 

She nodded "Yes, Daddy I help you." Kinleigh said as I put her in the cute t-shirt that I had specifically made for what I was about to do. 

"Good because I need you to be my big helper."  I said as I put her pants on over her diaper. 

"I always your helper Daddy." she said and I chuckled. 

"I know you are. You're the best helper I ever had." I replied. 

The older she gets the more she starts to show Maya's sass. I picked Kinleigh up and walked over to the bedside table to get Mayia's present. I sat down on the bed with Kinliegh in my lap as I opened up the drawer and pulled the box out. I was so nervous because I know we are young yet but Maya and I have been together for almost 4 years now. I realize she asked me in High School but I wanted it to be more formal and for real with a ring this time. After grabbing the box I held Kinleigh in my arms as we walked out towards the living room area to where Maya was sitting on the couch on her iPad. She didn't us so I was thankful. I sat Kinleigh on the floor then kneeled to her level. 

"Take this over to Mommy and tell her to look at your shirt." I said to her in a silent whisper. Now I just sat back and waited as my little girl ran over with excitement to her Mommy. 

Maya POV

I was so enthralled in my iPad that I hadn't even heard Lucas and Kinleigh return to the living room until she started yelling my name. I looked up and smiled happily as my little girl bounced excitedly over to me holding a little box in her tiny hands. 

"Mama, Mama look at my shirt. Here's a present Mama." she said as she stood in front of me and handed me the box. 

I looked at her shirt and gasped when I saw that it said "Will you marry Daddy?"" on it. I took the box from her and opened it up revealing a beautiful diamond ring. I looked at Lucas as the tears welled up in my eyes as he came over and kneeled in front of me. 

"Maya, I know this is a surprise and I've been super nervous to do this but I can't see myself with anyone else and never have seen myself with anyone else since I met you. I want more babies with you, I want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?"  

I was full on crying now "Yes, of course I'll marry you." I said as I wiped the tears away and pulled him into a kiss.

"Don't be sad Mama." Kinleigh said as she crawled into my lap.