Ch. 2 - Lovebites

Ta-da! Hope you enjoy! ;)

***

"Every day our souls die in fiery indignation.

We rise and fall only to do it all over again."

***

I feel the fleeting pain of his teeth sinking in and immediately regret is replaced by hot, invigorating pleasure. Before I know it, my body is pressed closer to his, relishing the immense burst of ecstasy his bite was giving me. I moan at the intensity of our connection. His hands hold me up due to my loss of ability to stand. Never have I been bitten by a vampire. Never have I missed. Never have I failed a mission, and never have I asked for more.

"Valentine." His name drifts from my trembling lips in a tiny whisper. A newfound desire for him boils deep in my core. I can't think - I just want him to continue what he's doing. I drop the items in my hands and fully succumb into him, not wanting to let go. I could hear a deep and dangerous moan coming from the back of his throat as he drains my veins.

When my eyes start to close, the vampire abruptly tosses me away, letting my body fall limply to the cold ground. I grunt in pain from his bite and from the impact I had on the ground. He's realized that he should not have feasted on my blood.

"What are you?" he expresses with disgust, not bothering to wipe away the excess blood dripping from his lips. I smile weakly as I see my dark blood oozing down, creating a stark contrast against the white. I laugh at his perplexity and sit upright. I compose myself and inhale deeply to provide clarity to his scrunched face. "Why do you taste so sweet?"

"Well, none of that would matter because in about thirty seconds you will be writhing in pain - begging for mercy." I removed my weighted hood to reveal my face. "You will experience a thirst and a hunger so fierce that no amount of blood will appease. If not from your own thirst, you die from the poison that is now in your system."

His face scrunches as he looks at me with shock and confusion. "Impossible." Valentine reaches up to remove my hood and the moonlight shines on my face. He looks at me with a very audible gasp. If vampires could get any paler he just did. Valentines asks me in shock, "How are you alive?"

"You should ask yourself that, you should be dead by now." Just like the last demon, he doubted what my blood was capable of. Usually, the older the vampire the longer it takes for the poison to penetrate. He's handling this all quite impressively.

As I stand on my feet, the tall vampire drops to his. He gasps in pain, repeating strings of profanities at both the smug look on my face and his body which was convulsing with torment.

"Hm, I guess I was wrong. That took a lot faster than usual."

As I stand, watching him grovel in pain, I decide to ask questions to shed some light into why Augustine would send me to annihilate one of the world's most ruthless vampires, considering he was one himself. Sure, he would kill and feed, but what kind of vampire doesn't? I bend down to his curling figure and trail my index finger on his flawless marble face.

"Such a waste," I tease, clicking my tongue. I lift the dagger from the ground and point it straight at his heart. "Why did Augustine send me to kill you?"

"Isn't it y-your job t-to know that, sweetheart?" he manages to say between broken huffs. His fangs had retracted, and I was able to see his perfectly straight, white teeth as he snickers at my expression.

"They just give me a time and place. I don't dwell on useless information." It takes me a second to realize that I am also panting and breathing heavily. This usually doesn't happen, especially from all the skills I have acquired and the training I've had.