Ch. 33 - Tick Tock

You are all so freaking amazing. Here, have some chocolate and pictures of Nick Bateman with his dogs. ;)

The Suspense is killing you, isn't it?

Also, this will be written in third person.

***

What am I going to do without him? She thinks relentlessly in her mind. Saphira punished herself mentally for delivering those hurtful words and for being so stubborn. Although Valentine's heart no longer beats, she can always feel the love and passion radiate from him from years of experience on earth. She broke him and she doesn't know if she is capable of fixing her errors.

It felt like ages when before reached the main corridor. The hallways are quiet as most of the vampires are turning in for the day. Vampires are nocturnal and anti-social beings, so it only makes sense that the massive castle was empty. Her head turns and nervously looks out the window - it's almost dawn so she pushes her body to go faster - she needs to find Ari and get her to Valentine before the worst happens. She was always grateful for the effect her blood had on preying creatures but now she despises it and she can't help but despise her entire existence.

She uses her senses to listen and feel for Ari, who could be anywhere at this point. It isn't like Ari to just leave, especially with all that is happening. She shivers at the temperature radiating from the walls and even though she's part vampire, her lack of blood makes her vulnerable to anything. Her ears perk as a mess of words and exchanges are heard through the walls. Saphira cranes her head towards the source and attempts to follow. 

"Ari," she says breathlessly when she enters a room a few doors down. As soon as Ari hears it, she turns to the distressed damsel and her eyes widen in shock. 

  "Saphira," she exclaims while running to her aid.  

Vladimir, who is also in the room, turns to her in concern. Apparently, they were having a deep discussion over a decaying book that Ari just now closed. She notices the insane amount of blood on Saphira's shirt. "What happened to you?"

Saphira pants, trying to catch her breath and regain all balance. Vladimir sniffs the air and speeds over to the two of them, also wanting to know the same.

The bloody half-vampire shakes her head not knowing what to say first. She couldn't find the words due to her thirst and lack of energy. She squeezes her eyes to a close and narrows them to try and look at their blurred faces.

"Valentine," she whispers, agonizingly. She can't even say his name without her heart hurting.

Her eyebrows meet together on her forehead. "Valentine, is he okay?"

"No," she replies. "H-he drank from me. My blood is poisoning his body."

Ari's mouth drops in shock and mutters a violent curse under her breath. That vampire never listens, she thinks silently. "We don't have much time, where is he?"

She twists on her heels. "In the tower. Follow me," Saphira says, weakly.

They all quickly rush and arrive at Valentine's study. Vladimir cautiously opens the door and quickly looks in. He looks back at the two women and Saphira's heart nearly explodes from his expression. With impatience and disbelief, she pushes the door open and sees Valentine's still body lying on the ground. The room was the same - nothing had been moved or changed, but a darkness creeps around them like a fog.

"Damn it, I told him he couldn't drink from you again," she says, running over to him. Once again, Ari's dress flows around Valentine and the human blood on the floor soaks into the fabric. "His body can only take so much."