Ch. 35 - Power

Wow, guys! I can't believe we're now at Chapter 35, this feels like a freaking milestone for me.

Sh!t is about to hit the effin fan. Well.... lemme correct myself...

MORE sh!t is about to hit the effin fan. Ha ha ha.

***

'Thoughts are like shadows dancing with smoke.'

***

After Vladimir left us alone, I never thought we would ever leave the steamy confines of the shower. All this love and passion is crashing down on me like ocean waves during a storm. It's all very sudden but little by little I'm starting to love it.

I didn't even realize the impact he has now had in my life and can honestly say that I am a lot more content with life. After all, deals are meant to be broken and I want nothing more than to void all deals I ever made with Valentine. Unfortunately, I made an irrevocable deal with his brother and unless he dies, my soul is forever his.

Different feelings fly through my body like beams of light passing through the darkness. Earlier today I felt like was on cloud nine, which I had trouble getting off of, and now I'm full of concern because it now sounds like a world war is about to start.

"Datura must have her," I say through my teeth while walking past the ballroom and into the foyer. Both Valentine and Vladimir look to me and the expressions on their face indicated nothing but an agreement to my accusation.

On top of all that has happened, everything has winded further into hell than expected and we have lost the little bit of advantage we had over Datura. Ari was last seen heading to her home and upon checking her house, there was no trace of her.

"I'd like to think otherwise," Valentine mutters. "Datura may be powerful, but Ari is just as strong. I don't think Ari would have allowed herself to be taken."

"I hope your right, Valentine, because with Cassandra still asleep and with the barriers falling we're going to lose," I argue. "We need to find her and I need to get out of this damn castle."

Vladimir clears his throat and my eyes flick to him. "King Acarius has summoned a meeting with Grand council today and has asked for the two of you to join. Unfortunately, we're not the only kingdom that is affected by all of this."

I am momentarily struck. The Grand Council consists of all Royals from each of the seven Kingdoms of the Underworld. They meet only when more than two Kingdoms are in danger.

A loud and humorless laugh drifts from Valentine's mouth and echoes against the walls. "Us, with the Grand Council? You're joking."

My eyebrows furrow over my eyes and Vladimir shrugs his shoulders to dismiss Valentine's obvious disbelief in the matter. "I wish I was."

"We are not going," Valentine snarls. "The last time I attended a council meeting with all seven kingdoms was when I was exiled and stripped of my title."

I look at Valentine, confused. Shouldn't this be a good thing? If we are to speak with all monarchs from each of the seven kingdoms and inform them of the events that lead to this, they may be able to help us. Vampires are strong and powerful, but Datura has harnessed enough darkness and power to break down the barriers that are dividing all creatures of the Underworlds. Without it, the entire world will be in danger. Humans may be an inferior race, but they outrun our population and have been for thousands of years. Not many really speak of it, but this earth was, indeed, created for them.

"When's the meeting?" I ask, feeling a little too eager to attend.

"In half an hour. I received notice that half of the royals have already arrived, so, you two should head over to Talmira right away." Vladimir's is a bit more scratched than normal. The dark pigment under his eyes was a sign that he hasn't been sleeping. He seems a lot more tired than usual.