Chapter 42

*A/N okay so when I was looking for a cover for my new Jamona book (I'm not going to publish the first chapter until I'm done with this book) I found this when I was scrolling through Google images and then I read the caption and I was like, Ahhhhh! 😄

but I know they're not dating.😑

Anyways back to the story.😁

Ramona's POV.

"Well, there was this kid named Charles and the teacher made us partner up together for this little project we had to do. After school Charles came here and we were in my room, which is now Max and Jackson's room. Anyway one thing led to another and Charles ended up telling me on accident that his father hits him. He also told me not to tell anyone and I promised I wouldn't-"

I cut Stephanie off from her story "so you kept the secret right?"

"No, I was going to but Uncle Jesse talked it out of me. Once I told him the secret he called the cops and the next day I found out the Charles went to a foster home." Stephanie tells me as she finishes off the story.

"How did Uncle Jesse find out that you were hiding something?" I ask her.

"I told Michelle that we were lucking to have a farther that doesn't hit us, when Michelle got mad at dad and Uncle Jesse over heard and Michelle ended up leaving the room and that's when I spilled the secret"

I sat there not knowing what to say, Stephanie went through what I'm kinda going through right now.

"Now is your friend going through the same thing or is it a totally different situation, and I just wasted my time telling you that story?"

I look down at the table, I sit there debating with my self whether or not I wanted to tell her. I mean he told me to keep it a secret and that's what I want to do, I don't like spilling peoples secrets. I do want to help him and the real decision here is do I want him to get hurt or do I want him to be safe? Well obviously I want him to be safe. I open my mouth to say something but I just close my mouth again. What will Jordan think of me if I tell her? He probably won't trust me ever again. You know what I don't care if he doesn't trust me I want him safe and I'm going to do what I know is right.

I inhale and then exhale. "Jordan gets hit by his step dad and his mom knows about it and she does nothing about it, and Jordan is also cutting because of this. He also told me not to tell anyone but you talked me into. Well not really I kinda talked my self into it...but anyway I just don't want him to get hurt anymore"

I feel a wave of like relief wash over as I spilled all that, I mean I kinda feel bad because he told me not to spill his secret. But I also feel good because now I know I'm helping him and he won't be hurt anymore.

I look up from the table to see Stephanie staring at me with wide eyes. "You, outside on the bench. Now!" Stephanie points the back door and I immediately stand up and go outside. I make my way to the bench and I sit down.

A few seconds later Stephanie walks out of the house with Jordan following behind her. "Sit" she commands Jordan.

Jordan rushes over to where I am and he sits down on the bench very close to me. Stephanie paces back and forth in front of us. "Okay, Jordan I'm going to have to call the cops" Stephanie finally stops pacing and she stands in front of Jordan.

"Wait, what? Why?" Jordan asks being very confused.

"Ramona told me everything, from your step dad hitting you, to you cutting"

Jordan slowly turns his head and he glares at me. I mouth 'sorry' and he just shakes his head at me and looks back at Stephanie. I look down to the ground.