chapter 4

"Are you going to homecoming?" Louis asked as we sat down in Calculus and I shrugged. 

"Probably not." I said, getting my notebook out and Louis pouted. 

"What if someone were to ask you?" He said and I cocked an eyebrow. 

"Who?" I wondered and he shrugged, a smirk playing on his lips. "Is this some way of asking me?" 

"Nope, I just know somebody." He said and I rolled my eyes at his vagueness. "Hey, don't shoot the messenger." 

Class started, cutting our conversation short and the teacher immediately started lecturing. I tried to keep up while writing stuff down, but my mind was somewhere else. Jake had texted me earlier and said that Leila was hanging out with the group that used to make my life hell and that she hadn't talked to him in three days. Harry's been acting really weird around me lately and can barely look me in the eye. It's like everybody is changing. Even though I've only known him for two months, we've become really close. 

I continued writing notes and thankfully he ended early. It was the last class of the day since it was a half day and I got out as fast as I could. Going to my locker, I put my stuff in and grabbed the things I needed for homework tonight. I walked outside of the school and to the student parking lot, finding Harry's car. I waited next to it and scrolled through my phone, replying to Jake. I shoved my phone in my back pocket as Harry came up and he smiled, unlocking the car. I climbed in the passenger seat and we sat in a comfortable silence as he pulled out of the lot. 

"Thanks." I said as he pulled up to my house and he nodded, parking the car. 

"Are you doing anything next Friday?" Harry asked and I shook my head, unbuckling the seat belt. 

"I don't think so." I said and he nodded. 

"Do you wanna go to the dance together? I mean like as friends. You don't have to if you have other plans." He rambled and I smiled a little. 

"Sure." I said and he looked over at me with a smile. "Sounds good." 

"Okay," He breathed out. "Alright, see you later." 

I got out of his car and walked up the driveway, smiling to myself. Okay, let's be honest. Of course, I've developed a little bit of a crush on Harry over the last couple of months. He's never been rude to me and treated me like he's known me since primary school. Ever since his fight, our dynamic changed. We kind of grew closer because of what happened and the things we told each other. I didn't want to risk our friendship though. 

I walked inside and pulled my phone out, heading upstairs. I think this is the first time in a week that Dad's been home when I was. I went to my room and texted Aria, telling her that Harry had asked me to the dance and she said she was on her way to pick me up so that we could go shopping. I went back down the steps and found Dad in his office. He looked up as I walked in and returned his attention to his computer. 

"Why aren't you at school?" He asked and I stayed in the doorway. 

"Half day." I said quietly and he nodded. "I'm gonna go shopping with a friend. Homecoming is next week." 

"Here." Dad dug through his pocket before pulling out a credit card. "I got you your own today and filled up the account." 

"You didn't have to do that." I said and he rolled his eyes, shoving it in my hand. 

"Have fun." 

I quietly thanked him and left the office, grabbing my purse and stuff. I put the card number and stuff into my bank app and my mouth fell open. There was five thousand pounds on it. Aria texted me that she was here so I walked outside and got in her car, immediately being greeted by a squeal. I laughed and she pulled away from the curb.