chapter 35

"Hello?" I answered my phone, setting my paint brush down. 

"Hey, babe." I heard Harry say. "What are you doing?" 

"Painting. What about you?" I asked quietly, staring at the canvas in front of me. 

"About to decorate a cake and then I'll be home. Want me to pick up dinner on the way home?" 

"Sure. Look, I have to go, but I'll see you tonight." 

"Alright, love you." 

I hung up the phone and sighed to myself, running a hand through my hair. I tossed it up into a messy bun and rubbed my eyes, picking up the paint brush again. I started to finish what I was working on and glanced at the clock, my stress rising. I had to finish this by five and it was already four o'clock. I texted Harry to let him know that I would probably be home late since I had a lot more to do. This is gonna be a long day. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed to myself, looking at my completed painting. It was good enough so I went to the sink, rinsing out my brushes and trays. I laid them out to dry and grabbed my stuff, turning the lights off. I left the studio and locked the doors behind me, heading to my car. I climbed in and turned it on, pulling out of the parking lot. I started driving home and yawned, pulling into the apartment complex. 

It was already close to nine o'clock and I was exhausted since I've been working since eight this morning. I parked next to where Harry's car should be and figured he was still out with Landon. I went upstairs to the apartment and shut the door behind me, heading straight to the bedroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face off before putting on some shorts and a t-shirt, climbing into bed as fast as I could. 

I curled up under the covers and sighed, feeling my stomach grumble. I was too tired to get up and eat. I closed my eyes and tugged the comforter to my chin, pulling my knees to my chest. After a while, I heard the front door open and shut, bringing me out from my light sleep. Footsteps made their way to the bedroom and I turned my head to see Harry coming into the bedroom, kicking his boots off. He stripped his clothes off and got into bed, scooting over to me. 

"Mmm," Harry mumbled, wrapping an arm around my waist. "How was work?"

"Frustrating." I muttered, still half asleep. 

"Want me to make your day better?" He whispered, beginning to kiss my neck and I lightly elbowed his stomach. 

"Not tonight." I was fully awake now and he sighed, obviously frustrated. 

"C'mon, just a quickie." Harry said and I could tell he was smirking as he moved to draw circles on my lower stomach.

"Harry, I'm exhausted. I just want to go to bed." I sighed, not in the mood to discuss this right now. 

"Damn, lighten up." He replied, flopping down on the bed and I rolled my eyes, annoyed with how he was acting. "It'll only take like fifteen minutes." 

"Don't get pissed at me because I won't have sex with you." I said, turning onto my back to stare at the ceiling. 

"I'm so hard for you, though, babe." He whispered, staring down at me. Normally the dirty talk would work for me, but right now, I just wanted to sleep. 

"You have a hand." I turned back over and stopped when he mumbled 'bitch.' 

I got up from the bed after grabbing my pillow and Harry groaned to himself, flopping down on the bed as I left the room. I shut the door behind me and went to the living room, grabbing a blanket from the floor. I sat down on the love seat and curled up in the blanket, closing my eyes. I cannot believe he called me a bitch just because I wouldn't have sex with him. I sighed and stared out the large window until I finally fell asleep.