chapter 14

"I swear, if you throw one more grape at me, I will not hesitate to throw you across this cafeteria." Liam threatened Louis and I stifled a laugh, taking a bite from my apple. 

"That's not very Christmas spirity, Liam." Louis poked his tongue out at him and Liam rolled his eyes. "So, what time are we meeting at your house, Haz?" 

"Like seven. Sam, what time is your train?" He asked, turning to me and I thought for a moment. 

"Three in the morning, I think." I shrugged and they nodded. 

We were doing a Secret Santa with the five of us tonight and I was super excited. I drew Louis's name from the hat and I got him the best present ever. It was a soccer ball signed by the Doncaster team, where he was from. I stumbled upon it at a consignment shop and didn't think it was legit until I actually looked at it. He will flip. And I might have thrown in a few brownies that I made specially for him. 

Since it was the last day til the break, it was a half day and Harry and I were gonna hang out until the party. Ever since last week with the hospital and everything, we haven't done anything. With all that happened, I think we just needed to be friends for a while. We still hung out a lot, but no kissing or anything. I was actually kind of happy because I was still recovering from everything that happened. 

"I wanna show you something later." Harry mumbled to me and I nodded, sending him a small smile. 

The bell rang and we all went to our lockers, everybody ready to leave for the break. I got my bag and fleece jacket, going to Harry's locker. He zipped up his coat and we walked outside, ducking into his car to get away from the snow. I shivered and rubbed my hands up and down my thighs, buckling my seat belt. Harry pulled out of the parking lot and slowly drove towards the neighborhood, careful to not slide on the road. 

Harry parked in front of my house and we ran inside, kicking our boots off in the entry hall. I shook my fleece off and hung it up, going to turn the fire place on in the living room. Harry put on tea for himself and coffee for me and I grabbed two mugs from the cabinet, setting them on the counter. We poured our drinks and went to the living room, plopping down on the couch. I pulled a blanket over my lap and sipped on my coffee, staring at the fire. 

"I'm so tired." Harry mumbled, leaning his head on the back of the couch, looking over at me. 

"Same." I said quietly and finished off my coffee, setting the empty mug on the table. "What were you gonna show me?" 

"Oh, I almost forgot." He smiled and got up from the couch. "We have to walk." 

I glared at him and Harry laughed, tugging me up from the couch. I put my boots and coat back on, tugging a beanie over my head. I put on gloves and a scarf, following Harry out the back door. We started walking across the field that was behind our houses and made our way into the wooded area, ducking under snowy branches. The snow crunched under my boots and I zipped up my coat, trying to get completely warm. 

"Okay, just right over here." 

I nodded and he held back a branch, letting me go in front of him. I stopped in my tracks at what was in front of me and my breath got caught in my throat. There were a bunch of roses with a dusting of snow on top of them and a big heart carved into the tree. I stepped closer and our initials were carved along with the words 'I love you' above it. I turned around to Harry to see him fumbling with his fingers in front of him. 

"I know we aren't supposed to reveal who our person is for Secret Santa until tonight, but I didn't want all of them to see this." He explained and I smiled a little. "I love you, Sam." Harry breathed out and I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his torso and standing on my tip toes to kiss him.