chapter 42

I groaned as my alarm went off and Harry tightened his grip on my waist, pulling me into his body. I blindly reached over and grabbed my phone, peeking an eye open to turn the noise off. I sat my phone back down and Harry nuzzled his nose into my neck, taking a deep breath. I tugged the covers over me and laid back on the pillow, closing my eyes. 

"I have to leave soon." I whispered and Harry mumbled something incoherent, causing me to hum in question. 

"I thought we were taking the day off." He said and I jumped as his cold fingers hit the skin on my stomach. 

"I know. I just feel bad that I've taken so much time off." I mumbled, turning around in his hold and he pouted down at me. 

"Your boss said it was fine." Harry said and pressed a kiss to my forehead, making me sigh. "C'mon, I can make you breakfast." 

"Fine." I sighed and Harry smiled triumphantly, pulling me close to him. 

Harry continued to draw designs on my exposed lower back and I hummed in content, snuggling into his bare chest. He flinched as my cold toes hit his calf and I laughed a little, looking up at him. Harry rolled on top of me and buried his face in my shoulder, laughing as I huffed at the weight. 

"Oh my god." I breathed out and Harry laughed, kissing my shoulder. "I think you ate too much cake at work." I laughed and he feigned offence. 

"I'm hurt, Sam. Deeply hurt." He said and I rolled my eyes, combing my fingers through his curly hair. "If you keep doing that, I might fall back asleep." 

I smiled a little and continued my actions, making myself more comfortable with his body on mine. His hot breath hit my shoulder and I stared up at the ceiling, closing my eyes a minute later. I was so close to falling asleep until Harry let out a snore, making me jump. He obviously woke himself up before he started mumbling, holding me closer to him, his arms winding around my waist. Ever since two weeks ago when Harry actually held me for the first time since what happened, I've gotten more comfortable with him being close. I don't mind his random hugs and cuddles. 

"How about that breakfast?" I wondered and he nodded, propping his chin up on my chest, right above my boobs. 

"Pancakes good?" He asked and I nodded, letting go of his hair as he pushed himself up to sit on the edge of the bed. 

I sat up, leaning back on my elbows, and Harry leaned over, giving me a kiss. I smiled a little and rubbed the sleep from my eyes and swung my legs over the side of the bed, standing up. I pulled up my leggings and straightened out my t-shirt, jogging down the steps behind Harry as we went to the kitchen. I hopped up onto the counter as he started mixing up the pancake batter and hummed to myself, kicking my legs back and forth. 

"Chocolate chips?" Harry asked and I nodded, getting down to help him. 

He bumped my hip with his as I poured the batter into small circles in a pan and I glared at Harry, making him laugh. I flipped the pancakes and smiled when they were perfect. We finished the pancakes and put them on plates, me grabbing syrup from the cabinet. We sat down at the table and I dug in, hungry. I got home from work late last night and just climbed into bed, not even bothering with dinner. 

"Anything you wanna do today?" I asked and Harry shrugged, taking a big bite. 

"We could just chill. We haven't had a movie day in a while." I nodded in agreement to his suggestion and finished off my pancakes, pushing the plate back. 

I took our plates to the sink and rinsed them off, putting them in the dishwasher along with the cooking utensils. Harry came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, plopping his chin on my shoulder. I sighed a little and leaned back into him, shutting the sink off.