chapter 22

"I'll see you later, alright?" Harry whispered to me and I nodded, kissing him one more time. 

Harry laughed and kissed me again, pulling me closer. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around him as he held my waist. All of the sudden, my bedroom door was opened, my dad coming in. Harry and I jumped apart and I gulped to myself seeing how mad he was. Dad walked over and grabbed Harry by the collar of his shirt, dragging him out of my room. 

He was yelling things at Harry that I couldn't understand but I followed them down the stairs, trying to get him to stop. Dad opened the front door and I grabbed his arm before he could throw Harry out. He just turned around and hit me, a scream falling from my lips in surprise. Harry shouted something and Dad just threw him out, locking the door behind him. 

"You little slut." Dad sneered at me and I stepped backwards, stumbling. "Just like your mother." 

Dad hit me again and I held my cheek in pain, tears filling my eyes. I was pushed down onto the entry hall floor and he started kicking me, pushing me into the wall. I heard Harry banging on the front door and Dad just continued his assault, dragging me up by my hair. I was crying as he drug me up the stairs, hitting me on the way and I fell down, only to be harshly yanked up and drug down the hall. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam?" I fluttered my eyes open and noticed the familiar bright lights of a hospital room. 

"What's going on?" I could barely see out of one eye and I cringed in pain. 

"Sam, hey, just take a deep breath." I could hear Harry as he grabbed my hand while I was breathing heavily. "You're okay." 

"Why am I here?" I asked, my voice scratchy and I finally looked over at him. 

"Ms. Anderson, you're awake." I looked up as a doctor came in. "How are you feeling?"

"What's going on?" I asked again and he sighed, doing my blood pressure and heart beat. "Why won't you tell me anything?" 

"What is the last thing you remember?" The doctor asked, sitting down on his swivel chair and I racked my brain, trying to think. 

"Coming home from school today." I said and he sighed again. "Is that wrong?"

"Sam, you've been out for twelve hours. It's nine in the morning." Harry piped up and I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"How about I let you two talk for a few minutes and I'll come back to do some tests?" The doctor left and I turned to Harry to see him biting his lip. 

"Please tell me what's going on." I said quietly and he ran a hand through his hair, a tear falling down his face. 

"Um, last night, we were hanging out in your room and your dad came in. He threw me out and I saw him hit you so I tried to get back in. All I could hear was you screaming and crying inside so I called the police." Harry gulped and I felt my heart sink into my chest. 

"What did he do?" I whispered, watching Harry start to cry. 

"When the police got there, you were knocked out and he was, um," Harry cleared his throat and I felt like I knew where he was going. "He raped you." 

I felt the breath leave my throat at Harry's words and tears filled my eyes, spilling onto my cheeks. I lifted the blanket and noticed a bunch of scratches and bruises on my legs and arms. I tugged my knees to my chest, sobs escaping my lips. I put my head in my legs, wanting to just curl up and disappear forever at the thought of what Dad did to me. My own father. 

All of the sudden, bile was making its way up my throat and I reached over, grabbing the trash can next to my bed. I held it to my chest as I puked and I did it again, emptying my stomach. I continued to cry and I sat the trash can back down, trying to calm myself down. I heard the doctor come back in and Harry left so I wiped my tears, allowing him to do the tests that he needed to.