chapter 45

"Okay, you two are all set. Just make sure to take this if you feel any pain down there and call if you guys have questions or concerns. Call soon to schedule his one month check up." Doctor Manson said, handing me a form to sign for my release. "Congrats, you two." 

I smiled and thanked her getting up from the hospital bed that I had been sitting in for two days. I went to the bathroom and put on some leggings and a t-shirt, stepping into my Vans. I put my hair into a ponytail and left the room, noticing Harry putting Jackson into the car seat. I double checked to see if we had everything and grabbed my bag and Jackson's, looking over at Harry. 

"Ready?" I asked and he nodded, picking up the car seat. 

We left the hospital room and went down the hall to the front doors of the hospital. I sighed in relief once I was in fresh air and we walked out to the car, me hooking up the car seat in the back. We had already practiced how to do it a few weeks ago and I was glad because I would be struggling otherwise. I sat in the backseat with Jackson and Harry got in the drivers seat, turning the car on. 

I watched out the window as he slowly drove us home, glancing back at Jackson every ten seconds. I smiled a bit and let Jackson play with my pinky finger, keeping my eyes on him. As we got closer to home, Jackson began to yawn and I prayed he would wait til we got home to sleep so he wouldn't cry. I leaned back in the seat and we finally got home, Harry parking in the garage. 

I got out and carried Jackson inside, heading down the hall to our room. We decided to keep his crib in our room for a while until we got the hang of things. Harry put some blankets in his crib and I gently lifted him out of the car seat, setting him in the tiny bed. I watched his eyes open and shut, obviously beginning to fall asleep. I smiled to myself, ready to just climb into bed. 

"Do you care if I shower?" I asked Harry, turning around to face him. 

"Nope. I would ask to join you, but I don't want him to wake up." He said and I laughed a little, walking over to him. 

I put my arms around his torso and Harry put his around my upper body, ducking his head to kiss me. I stood on my tip toes so he wasn't craning his neck and let my eyes fall shut, pulling away a moment later. Harry pouted and I smiled, giving him a small kiss before detaching myself from him, heading to the bathroom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I feel so much better." I mumbled, walking into the bedroom. 

Harry laughed a bit and glanced up from his laptop, his eyes falling to my body that was covered only by a white towel. He smirked a little and I smiled to myself, walking over to my dresser to get clothes. I stole one of Harry's long sleeve t-shirts and some underwear, going into the closet to change. I ran the towel through my hair and went back out, heading to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and tossed it up into a bun, going over to Harry. 

"Whatcha working on?" I asked, plopping down on the bed next to him. 

"Payroll." He mumbled, rolling his eyes. 

"That sucks." I said quietly, climbing under the covers. "You tired?" 

Harry nodded and looked down at me, pouting. I smiled a little and rested my head on his bare shoulder, taking a deep breath. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and went back to typing on his computer, closing out the tab he was in. He opened Netflix and put on American Horror Story, getting up to turn the lights off. Harry got back into bed and I curled up next to him, sighing in content. 

"I love you." He mumbled against the top of my head and I smiled. 

"I love you, too." I whispered against his chest, looking up at him.