chapter 44

"Okay, hold your wives hand and help her through this." Harry stifled a laugh at the birthing instructor but did as she said, holding my hand. 

She walked around the room and I couldn't help the giggle from leaving my lips as she scolded Harry for not putting his hair up. I had to bend my knees and pretend I was giving birth and do the breathing exercises to practice for when it actually happened. Harry made silly faces at me and I glared at him, not wanting to laugh. 

"Alright, time is up for today. Remember you all are all blossoming flowers." She bowed at us and everyone slowly clapped, sharing looks. 

Harry helped me stand up because I was so big and I huffed, putting a hand to my stomach. I slipped my jacket on and he intertwined our fingers as we walked out of the room and down the steps. I got into the passenger seat of Harry's car and buckled up, setting my purse at my feet. Harry pulled out of the lot and I leaned back in my seat, watching the city of London pass. 

"That lady is fucking crazy." Harry spoke up and I laughed, nodding in agreement. 

"Whatever she's on, I want it." I joked and Harry laughed, turning into the driveway. 

I climbed out once the car was in park and we went inside, me turning the lights on. I trudged to the living room and plopped down on the couch, laying my head back. Harry came in and laughed a little, sitting next to me. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, feeling my stomach churn. The last few weeks, I have been so sick. It sucks ass. I winced as a sharp pain went through me and pressed a hand to my stomach, taking a deep breath. 

"Did you just pee?" Harry hesitantly whispered and I hummed in question, looking down. 

There was a small puddle of water dripping from the couch to the floor and another wave of pain went through me. I winced and stood up, realizing that the liquid had come from me. I mumbled curses to myself as I took my jeans off, not caring that I was standing in the middle of the living room. 

"I think my water just broke." I breathed out and Harry's eyes widened. 

I walked back to the bedroom to change into some new underwear and put on some leggings. Harry came back and panicked to grab the hospital bag that we had prepared and he helped me out to the car, locking all of the doors behind us. I took deep breaths, trying to remember everything that the lady had told me about breathing and staying calm. Harry on the other hand was freaking out as he drove to the hospital. 

"Shit." I mumbled to myself as a contraction hit and squeezed my eyes shut. 

"Okay, this is happening. We're gonna have a baby and I'm gonna be a dad. Everything will be fine. Holy shit." Harry was talking to himself as he drove and I would have laughed at him if it weren't for the extreme pain that I was in. 

Once at the hospital, Harry held my hand as we walked inside and I got a wheelchair. They took me back to a room and helped me into the hospital bed after I changed into a hospital gown. Since I had just gone into labor, the nurses left the room so we could try and relax a little bit. I called Landon to let him know I was going into labor and him and Sarah cheered, making me laugh to myself. 

"Send me pictures once you're all settled. I want to see my nephew." Landon said and I smiled to myself, toying with the blanket. 

"You got it." I said quietly, looking over at Harry who was on the phone with his mom. 

I hung up and texted Aria, Liam, and Louis since they demanded we let them know when I went into labor. Aria replied and said that they would be over after I started pushing. I sat my phone on the small table and looked at Harry after he hung up with his family. He sat down in the chair next to me and I smiled a bit, cringing when another contraction hit. He grabbed my hand and drew circles on my palm, calming me down.