chapter 17

"Landon, you gotta get up." I called out, knocking on his door and I just heard a groan. "It's Christmas and I made monkey bread." 

I heard Landon grumble before there were footsteps. I smiled in triumph and walked back down the stairs, going into the kitchen. I flipped the monkey bread over onto a platter and cut us both a few pieces before putting them on two plates. Landon finally came down the stairs in a Christmas onesie, making me burst into giggles. He shrugged and grabbed his plate, sitting down at the table. I got us both some milk and sat down, criss crossing my legs in the chair. 

"Dude, this is so fucking awesome." He groaned, sprawling out in his chair and I laughed, taking a bite. 

"Thank ya." I smiled and we ate in a comfortable silence. 

After a bit, we ventured into the living room to open presents and I plopped down on the couch, putting a pillow on my lap. I laughed as Landon threw a box at me and I opened it, smiling at the sight of a bunch of records. I took them out and read through them, setting them to the side. I gave Landon his shirts and he laughed at the one with Kanye West holding a light saber on one of them. 

"I'll be back." I said, noticing that Harry was calling me, and walked outside, sitting on the front porch. "Hello?" I answered, pulling my sweater closer to my body. 

"Hey, what's up?" Harry asked and I smiled a little. 

"Hanging out with Landon. What about you?" I wondered. 

"About to have dinner with my mum." I pulled my knees to my chest and stared down at the snow covered ground. "You doing okay? I know it's your first Christmas since everything happened." 

"Yeah, it's just hard." I whispered and he sighed. 

"Why don't you go check the front pocket of your suitcase? I might have stashed something in it." 

I got up and went inside, flipping Landon off as he made smooching noises. I headed down the hallway and into the guest room, walking to my suitcase. I unzipped the suitcase and dug around for a moment before pulling a long box out. I hesitantly opened it and smiled at the sight of a silver necklace with an H pendent. I smiled and sat down on the floor, making sure that Harry was still on the phone. 

"I feel bad, I didn't get you anything." I mumbled and Harry laughed. 

"Do you like it? I know it's kind of cliche, but since we've been together for a while, I figured it would be nice." He rambled and I laughed. 

"I love it." I said quietly. "Did you get anything good for Christmas?" 

"Yeah, my mum got me a new car. And it has a big and comfy backseat." He said the last part suggestively and I laughed, rubbing my eye. 

"We'll see about that." I replied and he let out a loud laugh. "Oh, Landon is calling for me. I better go." 

"Alright, have fun. See you in a few days." 

"Bye." 

I hung up the phone, even though Landon wasn't calling for me. I was feeling down the last few days and I knew Harry could tell my mood just on the phone. I don't want him worrying about me. Just talking to people is exhausting for me sometimes. I put the necklace on toyed with the pendent as I walked back out to the living room. Landon smiled at me and we put on some random Christmas movie. I put a blanket over my lap and shivered as the air conditioner kicked on. Landon always keeps his house cold. 

I leaned on the arm of the couch and felt my eyes droop. It was already noon, but I was tired. I took a deep breath and tried to stay awake, knowing that it was tradition to watch Christmas movies all day. Landon shook my leg and jokingly glared at me as I drifted off and I laughed, putting my hair up. I laid down and put my legs on Landon's lap, smiling over at him as he rolled his eyes.