Chapter 5

We arrived at Luke's house after a half hour of walking. How could I cry over something so small? I don't understand and I really don't think I should. It was stupid to cry like that though. Luke kept looking back at me while we were walking. He had an unreadable look on his face whenever he looked back. Once we entered his house we both set down our backpacks and he led us to his living room to start the project. "So what should we start with? I mean I guess we should get to know each other. I mean if you want to.."

"Sounds fine" , I said.

"Well how 'bout we play 20 questions?"he suggested.

"Sounds good to me. So, what's your full name?" I ask.

"Luke Robert Hemmings," he said.

"Mine is Ashton Fletcher Irwin," I said.

The game went on like that but we take turns. We get pretty into it and we actually acted like we liked each other. We actually laughed and smiled. But that all changed when he asked if I had any interests in anyone. You I thought. "Uh...umm no one currently?"

He smirked looking through my lies but let me be."I do."

"I doubt that but what ever. I know that there are multiple girls that would want you." I said.

After more questions and small lies here and there. Luke just looked me in eyes. Having myself look into Luke's eyes pulled me closer to him. It was like a a magnet wanted to connect. He didn't care until his emotions snapped. Fuck! I thought. He started to get that look that he would give me the walk to his home. It was like he had an act to keep up. He started to yell. "What the fuck are you doing?"

I stood up trying to get away from Luke. "I'm sorry." I walked backwards until I hit the wall. He got in my face. "What are you even thinking!? I almost forgot. You're gay. How disgusting! What was I thinking when I chose you. Now we have to work together!"

He grabbed my shirt and stuff and pushed me out the door and it slammed behind me. I knew I was crying but I didn't know how hard until I got home. Why do I have to be like this! I'm so stupid! I got inside and closed the door and slid down it. What is wrong with me?