Chapter 24

Ashton P.O.V.

Luke was pretty quiet for the rest of the day. I would talk to him and he would only say one word back or smile and nod. It wouldn't a lie to say I was worried and a little sad. We got in the car and just sat there for a little. "Hey, Luke? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" He snapped. 

"Sorry", I whispered.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed and confused."

"Why?"

"Well, that asshole hasn't been to school in two years. I don't understand why he would come back now", He explained.

"Well, if this helps, when he tried to do me. He said his goal was to hurt you by doing something to me."

"He was trying to make me hate you. Just for the fun of it", His voice went rugged. "I hate him so much! I didn't do anything to him! I know I've done bad things, but I just want to be happy now." He sobbed. 

"Luke? Hey, look at me. Don't let him get to you. Be strong. I love you and Calum made sure that he didn't do anything except hit me. He wasn't there, but-", I halted just noticing what I had said.

"He hit you?"

"Yeah. Calum wasn't there to stop that. But it's fine. It barely hurt, It just made my head ache."

"Thats not okay, though! He still hit you! I don't want you getting hurt", He cried, "I want to protect you, but I didn't. I couldn't. I'm sorry, Ash, I'm sorry."

I sighed. "Hey, switch spots with me and we'll go to your house, kay? I'll drive. Just give me directions."

He sniffed and nodded. We changed seats and I started the car.

A little while later we got to his house and I texted my mom saying I probably wouldn't be home tonight. We walked inside and straight upstairs. "Where's your family?"

"Probably out. Like always."

"Oh"

He went and sat on his bed quietly. I sat down behind him and wrapped my arms around him. His body started to shake. He turned and sat on my lap with his head on my shoulder and his arms around my torso. "I'm sorry. I'm weak. I couldn't protect you."

"You've protected me from more than you know. There's no need for this Luke. You're blaming yourself for something you couldn't stop. It's okay, but please don't cry." I rocked him slightly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

How long has he been holding this in? It's non-stop. My poor, Luke. I thought. I never thought I'd see him cry. I sat with him and keeped calming him until he stopped. He just stayed on my lap with his head on my shoulder and his arms tightly around me. "Hey, Luke?"

A soft snore sounded from him. I smiled and picked him up. For how tall he was he wasn't that heavy. I Put him down on his bed and grabbed a blanket from down the corner of his room, not using his bed sheets because I didn't want to wake him. I walked down stairs and navigated myself to the kitchen. I looked in the pantry for something tasty and easy to make. I reached out for the mac' n 'cheese and smiled. "Fuck yes", I whisper shouted. 

I grabbed a pot from a cupboard in the kitchen that took forever to find. I put water in it and put it on the stove. I heard the door open and my eyes widened. I heard footsteps walking around the house.

"Luke! Where are you?" A mans voice spoke, Luke's father.

I heard a door slam open and Luke walked downstairs.

"Hi."

"Hi, Luke!" A woman's voice chirped, Luke's mom.

"Where's Ash?"

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called.

I turned to stir the noodles. 

"Who's here, Luke?"

"My boyfriend."

I blushed and smiled, loving the way it sounded. 

"Oh! The famous Ashton?" Luke's dad asked.

Luke's mom walked into the kitchen. I heard a gasp and turned. "He's so handsome, Luke!"

I blushed even more, if possible. "Hi, Mrs.Hemmings", His father entered along with himself."Mr.Hemmings."

"Oh please, call us Liz and Andrew." Liz cheered.

I nodded and Luke walked over to me and looked at the box. "Best meal ever. I love you more now."

"It almost done." I told him as I turned to grab to pot. "I just need a strainer."  

Liz grabbed one for me and brought it over having luke take it and put it in the sink. I threw the rest of it together. I grabbed a bowl for Luke and I. "Would you like any?" I looked at Liz and Andrew.

"No thank you we ate before this."

I smiled and put some in Luke's bowl and than in mine. 

"We'll be in my room, Mom."

"M'kay"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With two empty bowls on the night stand and full stomach's Luke and I just laid on his bed watching the tele. We weren't watching anything interesting, but it sure as hell kept us captivated. My eyelids started to get heavy about an hour in and sat up and leaned into Luke. I kissed him on the lips than his forehead. "Im going to bed. Love you."

"Love you, too."