Chapter 8

Luke's P.O.V

I just thought that Ashton was cute! I can't be thinking that. I'm not gay, I don't want to be gay and I'm not a big fan of gays. (If anyone finds this offensive I'm very sorry there's nothing personal I'm not against that stuff.) I sat under the tree I ran too with my head in my hands. I'm so confused. I thought. I sat and thought about everything. Am I really straight? Am I really homophobic? As I thought these things I got angry and frustrated. I pulled at my hair. "I don't understand!" I screamed.

"Don't understand what?" A familiar voice said.

I jumped at his voice. "Oh... Ash."

He looked at me a face full of concern. He sat next to me. I started to scoot away but I stopped and stayed where I was. "You're crying." Ashton said.

"I am?", I felt my face, "I am. Sorry."

He shook his head. "It's fine. What are you confused about?"

I stared at him and felt anger towards him at the moment, "Nothing you need to know about. It's my problem not yours." I snapped.

"Sorry." Was all he said.

Ashton's P.O.V

"Sorry" I quickly said.

I looked away from him. We just sat in silent. He stood up and reached his hand out, still not looking at me. "We need to go. Class starts soon."

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. "Thanks", I said.

He walked me to my class and waved a goodbye. I stood there silently watching him leave but then entered my class room. I sat in the back as usual and grabbed my note book. I started thinking over what Luke could have been thinking about. Nothing sounded possible to me. Once the teacher entered the room I stared towards the front of the room and awaited the lesson. Luke on my mind. He really worries me. I hope he'll be okay. No matter how much he hates me.