First Crush, First Love, First Heartbreak

PRESENTING: THE LIGHTNING EMPRESS . . .

"What's your name, little one?" Makarov asked, sitting on top of the bar countertop while looking down at the child.

The girl looked to be no more than eight years old. She had straight black hair that touched her shoulders. She also possessed dark brown eyes and soft-looking tanned skin. Next to her was a small green cat with wings.

"My name is Jasmine and this is Raphael." The girl mumbled, motioning to the cat next to her as she introduced him.

"Welcome, Jasmine and Raphael!' Makarov grinned. "What brings you two to Fairy Tail?"

Jasmine twiddled her thumbs nervously as she bit her bottom lip. She looked as though she was one step away from crying.

"W-We're looking for a dragon!" The green cat announced in place of his partner.

"A dragon, huh?" The elderly man stroked his chin, pretending to be in thought. "You wouldn't happen to be a dragon slayer, would you?"

Jasmine's eyes lit up and she smiled brightly at the guildmaster. "I am!" She exclaimed.

"You hear that Natsu? This girl's a dragon slayer too!" Makarov turned his head to the left and shouted.

"Huh?" A boy that was about Jasmine's age appeared. The boy had pink hair and he walked up to Jasmine with a blue cat following him. "You're a dragon slayer too?" He asked, cocking his head to the side and raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded.

"Who was your dragon?"

"Jupiter, the Lightning Dragon."

 Lightning?

The blond headed guildmaster's grandson, who was sitting at the bar and munching on a snack, whipped his head around upon the word being spoken.

 She uses lightning?

Young Laxus watched as Natsu became excited about having another dragon slayer around. He also watched as Jasmine demonstrated her dragon slayer magic since Natsu practically begged her.

Laxus felt his heartbeat speed up as he gazed at the yellow sparks that puffed out of the girl's mouth.

 It's the same magic as mine!

His mouth hung open and he hadn't realized that he was staring until his grandfather pointed it out.

"What's the matter, Laxus?" Makarov asked, smirking at his grandson. "Are you that amazed by Jasmine's magic?"

Laxus quickly turned his focus back to his plate, his cheeks becoming more red by the second.

"This is Happy." Natsu motioned to the blue cat, introducing him.

"Aye!" The cat grinned, holding up a paw.

"And this is Raphael." Jasmine introduced her partner, motioning to him.