The Capture of Vikki

Several minutes into the comfortable embrace, Jasmine finally stopped crying and was simply relaxing in Laxus' arms.

"You good now?" He asked.

"Yeah." She mumbled.

"So, what do you say? Will you help us complete our job?"

"Since you can't do it, I obviously have no choice but to intervene."

Laxus scoffed at this accusation and rolled his eyes. "Not my fault we were cursed. If I had the chance, I would've electrocuted her brains out."

Jasmine pulled away from Laxus far enough to look up at his face. "That's a bit extreme, don't you think?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't think so." Laxus replied, shrugging his shoulders. "She took me away from you for four months. That's a death sentence in itself."

In response, Jasmine avoided direct eye contact with the blond male in front of her. She was quite embarrassed by his bold words, and the gentleman himself could tell as it was evident by the blush on her face.

"C'mon, let's go inside." Laxus suggested.

The two mages stood to their feet and walked back inside the guild together. Waiting for them, the Thunder Legion plus Raph stood in the center aisle of the lobby/common area.

"Guess what, buddy?" Bickslow asked, getting straight to the point. His "babies" repeated, "Guess! Guess!"

Laxus raised an eyebrow at his teammate, signaling that he could continue.  However, Freed spoke instead.

"Cana says that Vikki is currently here in Magnolia."

"Are you serious?" Laxus asked, visibly surprised.

"Yes." Freed nodded, "According to Cana, she's staying in a hotel not too far from the guild."

"Which hotel?"

"L'hôtel de Luxe." Evergreen answered, "A French hotel which is to die for." After hearing that statement, the group eyed her with suspicion. "Or so I've heard." She added nervously.

"Whatever. Let's just go." Laxus shrugged it off, turning on his heels. Freed, Evergreen, Bickslow, Jasmine, and Raph followed behind him.

"Good luck!" Cana shouted from her seat in the guildhall.

The team of six walked down the streets of Magnolia. Laxus was the most determined to defeat Vikki and complete the job. After that's done, he can return to his normal life.

Needless to say, the Thunder Legion feel the same as Laxus in the sense that they feel like they utterly failed -- something which is rare for them.

How can a team so strong, perhaps Fairy Tail's strongest team, fail to complete a single and simple job in the time span of four months?

It's ridiculous!

It's laughable!

It's embarrassing!

Therefore, they must put an end to this once and for all.

"What will be our plan of attack, Laxus?" Freed asked, breaking the few minutes of silence that resonated within the group. "Surely, we cannot let her defeat us twice."

"Yeah, it's like the old saying, 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.'" Bickslow added without the echoing of his babies.

"I haven't thought that far ahead," Laxus admitted, "but I know we'll need to be quick."

"I can knock her out in five seconds." Jasmine stated, confident in her strength. "Maybe less."

"Or I could turn her to stone and let her turn to dust." Evergreen suggested, smirking at the idea.

"Well aren't you guys rays of sunshine?" Raph asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

After another five minutes of walking, the team arrived at the large and luxurious hotel.

"How in the world does she have the money to stay here?" Bickslow asked, astonished by how expensive the place looked. "You've gotta be rich to afford one night here."

"Rich! Rich!"

"Let's just get inside and catch this chick." Laxus grumbled, not particularly wanting to see Vikki's face again but knowing that he has to.

The group walked inside toward the receptionist desk. "Bonjour!" He greeted with a smile, "How can I help you today?"

"We're looking for a woman named Vikki who's staying here at this hotel. What room is she in?" Laxus demanded.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot disclose that information."

"Look," Laxus continued, growing annoyed and impatient. "she's a wanted criminal. Or, at least, she will be once we turn her in to the Council. She's extremely dangerous so we need to know her room number."

"I understand, but under no circumstances am I allowed to give you that information unless you were relatives or official Councilmen."

"Listen here-"

"Laxus." Jasmine cut off the blond with a strict warning tone. She grabbed his arm to keep him in place (since he was about to take a step forward). "Let me handle this." She continued.

Laxus nodded in response and she released his arm, stepping forward. With lightning speed, however, she was directly in front of the young man in a split second.

He was pushed up against the wall and there was a tight grip on his neck -- a grip so tight that he could not breathe or talk effectively. He noticed that his feet were no longer on the ground as well.

"Her room number?" The voice of the female lightning dragon slayer  demanded with a harsh and emotionless glare.

The male receptionist easily became terrified of the wizard. It was clearly visible on his face. The dozens of droplets of sweat on his forehead was proof.

In an attempt to speak, the nameless gentleman made several gurgling noises. Noticing this, Jasmine loosened her grip on his throat so that he could speak.

"R-Room 122." The receptionist stuttered.

"Are you sure?" Jasmine asked, raising an eyebrow. "Double check." She then dropped him to the ground without a care.

The receptionist took a massive intake of air, seeing as now there was nothing keeping him from breathing. He was clearly relieved that he was released from such a strong grip. Wh-What is she? A monster? His thoughts of the female lightning dragon slayer were fear-filled.

Quickly, however, he scrambled to his feet and immediately check the computer for the guest named Vikki. His hands visibly shook as he frantically typed on the computer.

"Y-Yes," He stuttered yet again upon pulling up her information. "The person you are looking for is in Room 122."

"Now was that so difficult?" Jasmine asked.

"Alright, let's go." Laxus declared, much to the receptionist's delight. The sooner he was in reasonable distance from Jasmine, the better.

The team took the elevator to the first floor (the lobby is on the main or base floor) and easily located Vikki's room.

"Should we bust down the door?" Bickslow asked.

"I got this." Raph stated with confidence. The exceed flew to the door and knocked. "Room service!" He announced.

The Thunder Legion and Laxus smirked at the exceed's idea. Jasmine was also pleased with her partner's plan.

The sound of footsteps could be heard from inside the room as the person approached the door. With a click, the door unlocked and Vikki was indeed on the inside. However, she had no time to react.

The exceed was already in his battle form, and as soon as she opened the door, he said with a smirk,

"Lights out."