Titania and the Demon to the Rescue

"I'm never letting you go."

Sitting up with a large gasp, it took Jasmine a few seconds to realize that she had had yet another nightmare.

This was the fifth time that she had that dream. That same dream that haunts her mind every time she falls asleep.

And every time she would wake up panting and sweating.

Isn't it strange? For years, Jasmine had wanted to find the boy who ran out on her as a child. And after coming face to face with him almost a week ago, she wishes she had never reunited with him.

Be careful of what you ask for.

Sometimes you won't get the result you anticipated.

You get what you need, not what you want.

Climbing out of her large King size bed, Jasmine trudged to her bathroom.

She stripped off her tank top and matching pajama shorts (along with her underwear) and turned on the shower. Once the water was hot enough for her liking, Jasmine stepped inside the shower.

 Why can't I forget about him? It's been years since I've seen his face and yet after seeing him again for practically a day, I can't get him out of my mind!

Jasmine stood there in the hot shower, not moving a muscle. She just let the water hit her tanned skin and slide down her naked body. As she stayed still and let her mind wander, her long black hair fell in front of her face.

Steam began to fill the bathroom. But none of that mattered at all to Jasmine.

 And after I spent so long building up a wall to mask my feelings, it crumbled the instant I got near him.

Jasmine gritted her teeth in an attempt to hold back the tears that she felt coming.

 And I showed such a weak side of myself! I became naïve! What in the world is wrong with me?

"I can hear it. You're still in love with me."

"SHUT UP!" Shouting in anger, Jasmine punched the bathroom's tile walls, sparks of lightning bouncing off of her skin making the water splash everywhere.

As her tense body shook with anger, Jasmine slowly lowered her arm and turned off the shower.

Pulling back the shower curtain, she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body. Not caring about her wet hair, Jasmine left the bathroom.

Raphael was downstairs in the living room, reading a novel he had purchased. As he turned the page with his tiny paw, Jasmine walked into the room from upstairs (still in her bath towel).

The dragon slayer walked through the living room, past the couch where Raph was sitting, and straight into the kitchen.

But from the corner of his eye, Raph saw Jasmine's knuckle.

Not moving from his spot on the couch, Raph spoke. "What happened to your hand?"

There was silence for what seemed like forever. And the green cat expected this.

"Nothing." Jasmine finally replied, her voice low. "It's nothing to worry about. I'll bandage it up later."

Raph bit his lip, knowing that his partner was suffering. She had been silently suffering for years, but after meeting Cobra, it had gotten worse.

A few minutes later, Jasmine walked back upstairs with a sandwich in her hand.

At least she's eating. Raph thought. But she can't live like this forever. There has to be something I can do.